Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You want a NATO without the USA in it, and a US President who's Putin"s #1 fanboi?

Trump wanted NATO to be properly funded by the European states who neglected to do that, he called out Germany for failing to pay for their own defense by only putting 1.5% of their GDP into it while simultaneously buying oil from Russia, they have now upped their defence spending and stopped buying Russian oil - only since Russia invaded Ukraine. Trump was literally 100% correct in what he said. Gerhard Schröder the former German Chancellor was nominated to be a director at Gazprom, he also was a proponent of Nordstream 2, you don't think maybe Trump had a ******* point? On one hand the US is paying for defending Germany from Russia, while Germany is paying for Russia's military via oil money. It's laughably outrageous and Trump called it out. Yet people like you just say Orange man bad.

Caporegime
Trump wanted NATO to be properly funded by the European states who neglected to do that, he called out Germany for failing to pay for their own defense by only putting 1.5% of their GDP into it while simultaneously buying oil from Russia, they have now upped their defence spending and stopped buying Russian oil - only since Russia invaded Ukraine. Trump was literally 100% correct in what he said. Gerhard Schröder the former German Chancellor was nominated to be a director at Gazprom, he also was a proponent of Nordstream 2, you don't think maybe Trump had a ******* point? On one hand the US is paying for defending Germany from Russia, while Germany is paying for Russia's military via oil money. It's laughably outrageous and Trump called it out. Yet people like you just say Orange man bad.

It's easy to make those points and still be acting in Putin's interests.

Trump's problem wasn't really his criticism of NATO which was for the most part deserved, it was placing Putin and Russia on equal steading to the US (or whatever the hegemon was) which is what Russia has wanted for as long as it is has existed as a polity. Things like the trying to re-establish the G8 and the ill-judged language that he so often uses when it comes to authoritarians which sounds more like appraisal than it ought to is significant for Putin's ego.

Last edited:
Soldato
We're all in the poop because, as countries, we never fully invested in Nuclear power.

Germany removed their nuclear plants. We tried to get the Chinese to build ours, until we came to our senses. In the US Obama blocked the building of nuclear power plants (I don't know if this was reversed since?).

The only good thing is France is now building more.

Germany needs to go full speed to re-establish nuclear plants.

The only country in the EU who can protect the EU is France.

Soldato
We're all in the poop because, as countries, we never fully invested in Nuclear power.

The only country in the EU who can protect the EU is France.

France? They wave the white flag the first chance they get :D

We have been by far the strongest in this so far, even more so than US I would say.

Although I absolutely agree with Macron now, the EU needs its own army and the UK needs to be involved in that.

Man of Honour
France? They wave the white flag the first chance they get :D

We have been by far the strongest in this so far, even more so than US I would say.

Although I absolutely agree with Macron now, the EU needs its own army and the UK needs to be involved in that.

The way things are going it is concerning me we don't bulk out our own armed forces a bit - hopefully it won't be necessary, and there are limitations in terms of resources and man power that may need to be overcome, but it is gambling somewhat.

Man of Honour
Current claims are around 6K Russian troops and 1.3K Ukrainian forces have been killed up to Friday - sounds about right for an invasion against a combat effective force though.

Soldato
Putin’s Worsening Problems

“The very idea of bringing in Syrian fighters is extra desperate,” Karl said. “It is one thing to fight in the narrow streets of Arab cities. It’s something else in Kyiv or Kharkiv, where the boulevards are 100 meters wide. The cold climate doesn’t suit them, and their morale is low as well.”

If Russia doesn’t achieve remarkable success in the next few days, it would leave the door open for Ukrainian troops to start large-scale counteroffensives. The first aim would be to drive Russia out of the country in the north around Kyiv and Kharkiv.

It would be more difficult to regain territory in the south because the terrain there is mainly steppe, where Ukrainians would “be an open target from air.”

The southern line of Russia’s offensive has split into two axes, with one advancing east toward Mykolaiv, the other north to Kryvyi Rih. “This is a serious risk to Russian forces as the supply lines, which we already know are crap, will be dragged even longer. This leaves the Ukrainians plenty of chances to beat them to pieces.”

https://newlinesmag.com/argument/putins-worsening-problems/

Caporegime
Anyway enough of politics from me, I hope that the disparate weapons development programs that have occurred across NATO start coalescing into more readily deliverable forms and especially to accelerate delivery to the eastern bloc countries.

Man of Honour
Thought this was interesting, 1st time I've seen Ukranian military aircraft flying on ADS. Three An 32's in a row.

Wonder what they are up to.

EDIT: Looks like they flew in below radar over Ukraine from the furthest corner from Russian forces then popped up into Slovakia.

Soldato
The way things are going it is concerning me we don't bulk out our own armed forces a bit - hopefully it won't be necessary, and there are limitations in terms of resources and man power that may need to be overcome, but it is gambling somewhat.

I hope so too, if Putin losses this war he will be gone and he might be gone due to the sanctions at some point in the future. He's a monster he needs to go, he will send us all back to the 1940's if he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom