Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The Poles have the right idea about those trucks, there shouldn't be any trade at all with either of the two antagonists in this conflict.

It would ensure the black market is suppressed and that's important.

Soldato
— Bloomberg (CET Time)

*France Joins Germany in Expelling Diplomats

tHuzHPU.png
*Ukraine Presses for Tougher Sanctions After Bucha

6Y7rcjs.png

*Eurogroup’s President Donohoe: Ireland Favors Tougher Sanctions Against Russia’s Gas.
*EU Economic Commissioner Gentiloni: Russia Gas Sanctions Are Not off the Table in Future.

Man of Honour
I honestly can’t believe they’re still trying to pedal that nonsense that they aren’t responsible for all those civilian bodies like it’s possible in the slightest. That’s what annoys/worries me the most about them; their bare-faced arrogance.

It goes back to something I said awhile back - and people including myself might have trouble adjusting to mentally. Putin has come to see you, I, anyone in Russia or Ukraine who doesn't believe in his vision as a lower class of human, almost along the lines of the way Hitler used the übermensch thing. So killing them to him is like putting down an animal. Which is also problematic for any kind of peace agreement or treaties as for Putin it would be humiliating to make an agreement, not on his terms, with those he considers a lower level than him. People still talking in terms of Putin looking for an off-ramp, etc. I'm not sure are reading Putin correctly - they are superimposing the way they understand a Western, etc. leader to think.

There will be some, possibly analogous to the Nazi SS and others who've been brainwashed by the propaganda, etc., who'll be of similar mindset.

Caporegime
It goes back to something I said awhile back - and people including myself might have trouble adjusting to mentally. Putin has come to see you, I, anyone in Russia or Ukraine who doesn't believe in his vision as a lower class of human, almost along the lines of the way Hitler used the übermensch thing. So killing them to him is like putting down an animal. Which is also problematic for any kind of peace agreement or treaties as for Putin it would be humiliating to make an agreement, not on his terms, with those he considers a lower level than him. People still talking in terms of Putin looking for an off-ramp, etc. I'm not sure are reading Putin correctly.

There will be some, possibly analogous to the Nazi SS and others who've been brainwashed by the propaganda, etc., who'll be of similar mindset.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't suffer from the same 'strategic genius complex' that Hitler did which shortly evolved into a full on messiah complex, once that's entrenched I don't see any other option than total isolation.

Man of Honour
Something additional to that I've not seen mentioned lately - early in the invasion there was talk of kill lists, etc. people who'd left Russia for Ukraine due to speaking out, people in Ukraine who'd said things the Russian regime didn't like, etc. etc. I expect a lot of those tortured and killed had the misfortune to have resemblance to people on those lists, etc. these killings don't seem quite as indiscriminate as the media are making out, though there are a fair amount which seem to be indiscriminate as well.

Soldato
*Russian Defense Ministry: Ukrainian Forces in Mariupol Can Leave for Ukrainian Territory on Tuesday Provided They Lay Down Their Arms — Interfax.
*Russia Expects Support of Turkey in Offer to Allow Ukrainian Forces to Leave Mariupol — Interfax.

LIVE - Sullivan & Psaki speak:

*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: Bucha Images Were Tragic, Shocking.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: We Are Working With European Allies to Coordinate Further Sanctions on Russia.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: We Have Concluded Russia Has Committed War Crimes, Bucha Offers Further Evidence To Support That.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: Russia Did Not Account For Strength Of Ukraine Military and US Support.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: We Believe Russia Is Revising Its War Plans.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: Russia Is Concentrating Its Offensive in Eastern and Southern Ukraine.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: Russia Has Forces That Still Outnumber Ukraine's.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: The Next Stage in the Conflict May Be Protracted.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: In the Coming Days, We Will Announce Additional Military Assistance.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: Russia Will Keep Using Military to Try to Conquer Region.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: The Conflict May Not Be Just a Few More Weeks, Could Be Months.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: We’ll Announce Further Sanctions Against Russia This Week.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: We Are Talking With European Officials on Sanctions Options Including for Russian Energy.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: U.S. Working to Ensure Accountability for Bucha.
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: U.S. Believes Bucha Was Planned, Not a `Rogue Act’
*US National Security Adviser Sullivan: It Will Take Time to Erode Russian Power in the Economy.

More of a transcript - https://twitter.com/CaitlinDoornbos/status/1511058327748460551

*SEC Chair Gensler: SEC to Work With the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to Investigate Platforms That Trade Both Crypto-Based Security Tokens and Commodity Tokens.
*SEC Chair Gensler: I Have Instructed Staff to Examine Expanding Existing Investor Protections to Crypto Trading.
*SEC Chair Gensler: Enhanced SEC Regulation Might Include Registering and Regulating Platforms Where Securities and Non-Securities Trading Is Intertwined.
*SEC Chair Gensler: SEC Staff Are Considering Potential Segregation of Token Custody Between Trading Platform Assets and Customer Assets to Assist Prevent Theft.
*SEC Chair Gensler: SEC Would Aim to Make Sure Investors Are Protected When Trading Crypto As They Would Be on Exchanges and Other Platforms.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I honestly can’t believe they’re still trying to pedal that nonsense that they aren’t responsible for all those civilian bodies like it’s possible in the slightest. That’s what annoys/worries me the most about them; their bare-faced arrogance.

Problem is there are plenty of suckers ready to buy it, not just fringe loons as we see in the west - antivax types and 911 truthers etc.. are no doubt susceptible to this stuff but in Russia the wider population is an issue.

Sadly even the Russian elites who were not happy about the invasion seem to have rallied around Putin at least for the moment.

Caporegime
Something additional to that I've not seen mentioned lately - early in the invasion there was talk of kill lists, etc. people who'd left Russia for Ukraine due to speaking out, people in Ukraine who'd said things the Russian regime didn't like, etc. etc. I expect a lot of those tortured and killed had the misfortune to have resemblance to people on those lists, etc. these killings don't seem quite as indiscriminate as the media are making out, though there are a fair amount which seem to be indiscriminate as well.

Nah, I don't think it's as complicated as that.

The reports suggest that they were targeting people who were members of the militia/territorials, people who'd served in the Ukrainian military in the Donbas conflict previously and people with certain tattoos etc.. + there were sporadic incidents of just random killings.

Soldato

Apparently, there are images circling Ukraine of murdered children, who have apparently been raped as well :(

The soldiers are enraged:
Untitled-1.jpg

Associate
It goes back to something I said awhile back - and people including myself might have trouble adjusting to mentally. Putin has come to see you, I, anyone in Russia or Ukraine who doesn't believe in his vision as a lower class of human, almost along the lines of the way Hitler used the übermensch thing. So killing them to him is like putting down an animal. Which is also problematic for any kind of peace agreement or treaties as for Putin it would be humiliating to make an agreement, not on his terms, with those he considers a lower level than him. People still talking in terms of Putin looking for an off-ramp, etc. I'm not sure are reading Putin correctly - they are superimposing the way they understand a Western, etc. leader to think.

Some Russians with the übermensch view.

Man of Honour
Some Russians with the übermensch view.

Very worrying thing when you have a leadership and at least some not insignificant percentage of the population with that kind of perspective - give those people power and the rest will be very reluctant to stand against it. I'm finding it quite hard to mentally get my head around the full implications of it.

I might be wrong but I get the feeling Lavrov is amplifying Putin's perspective on it as well, whispering in his ear playing on his prejudices and paranoias, etc. so to speak.

Man of Honour
Nah, I don't think it's as complicated as that.

The reports suggest that they were targeting people who were members of the militia/territorials, people who'd served in the Ukrainian military in the Donbas conflict previously and people with certain tattoos etc.. + there were sporadic incidents of just random killings.

I think it is all part and parcel of the same thing - it isn't something I really want to delve too deeply into though.

Caporegime

It's interesting, "We categorically deny all allegations", it's like they're too lazy to even outline what they're being accused of.

Man of Honour
It's interesting, "We categorically deny all allegations", it's like they're too lazy to even outline what they're being accused of.

I see Lavrov is already up to his old gas lighting - it makes it very hard to believe anything they might have to say is true even if there was a chance they were true.

Caporegime
Ordinary Russians?
Are you meant to blame them for growing up and living in a society that dictates everything they can read and watch.

You could go to any town in the UK and find people that hold ancient opinions from WW2 about Jews, Germans, the French, Eastern Europeans..... whatever you wanted.

I have no doubt this is "real" but understand it, why these, or any British fools could have such vile outdated opinions.

I wish people would/could understand the so called "enemy"

Sometimes you gotta put a dog down though, even when its just being a dog and bites.

Soldato
— Bloomberg (CET Time)

*Ukrainian Refugees Now Total 4 Million

7h2KDyV.png
*Russia’s War Goals Have Changed, U.S. Says

awxVgLF.png

*WH Press Sec. Psaki: Biden Sees Russia in Human Rights Council As `Ludicrous’

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently, there are images circling Ukraine of murdered children, who have apparently been raped as well :(

The soldiers are enraged:
Untitled-1.jpg

What's been reported on news in many cases is just a small portion of what's taken place, much of it is unreported or in territory where media can't go

In addition to the killings at Bucha there are cases of rapes and executions; one girl was grabbed by two Russians in Bucha, raped and then they cut her head off

in another city (can't remember the name it's out east) a a group of 3 girls turned up at a hospital, 10, 10 and 12 years old - all 3 were raped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom