Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's at the stage now were we can't just sit back and spoon feed Ukraine light weight weapons, NATO needs to step up get Russia an ultimatum to leave all of Ukraine in next 48 hours otherwise they will prevent Russia from carrying out further operations in Ukraine with a direct use force. Violence isn't a good thing but sometimes it's necessary when faced with evil.

Soldato
A guy that lives on my sister's street who lost his legs in Iraq, secured 3 lorries filled them with food, blankets and messages from the local school kids and drove them to Moldova. There are a lot of people from the UK and EU doing all sorts of things to help.
Yes, there's a huge effort going on to help.

Caporegime
What do you want them to do? Germany is a liberal democracy, they have no ability to silence someone who wants to be a knobber.

Sanctioning him would be the minimum and since the SPD are currently in a position of power they might want to consider the political risk of not going further with it.

Soldato
There's a video circulating now of Ukrainian soldiers celebrating over dead Russian soldiers with their hands tied, this war is about to get even more ugly.

Associate
No other exporter is able to up its exports by several million barrels per day to replace Russian exports. If it's just the case of Russia shipping more oil to say, India and India importing less from Saudi allowing EU to import from Saudi instead... That's just moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.
Good point. If no one can step up then this is all a fallacy.

Caporegime
I think with Russia for the most part leaving the northern theatre it's becoming more feasible to justify implementing a defensive operation with countries who want to support such a decision to secure everything West of the Dnieper river.

It would serve many purposes, but I think the most valuable would be to ensure Odessa's protection and disable Putin's plan to annex Bessarabia for good.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sanctioning him would be the minimum and since the SPD are currently in a position of power they might want to consider the political risk of not going further with it.

Sanctioning him how? What sanctions can a country apply against its own citizen? Almost every democracy has rules against the arbitrary imposition of controls against their own citizens, but Germany - in particular - has very strong constitutional rules against such that were meant to stop a repeat of what happened to Jews, etc. under Nazi Germany.

Schröder may be a prize <lady genitalia> but sanctioning him because of that is crossing a line that shouldn't be crossed. Free speech still matters.

(As for political consequences: I don't read, or listen to, that much German language media because it's still a struggle for me to understand so I may not be the best source but, AFAICT, any backlash against the SPD over Schröder is minimal at most perhaps because Merkel has been the driving force behind tying Germany to Russian fossil fuels.)

Man of Honour
Interesting point by Rob Lee (@RALee85):

"There appears to be a widening gap between what the Russian military can achieve at this point and the expectations of many Russians. The more Russian news presents a rosy picture of the war, the harder it will be for people to accept the likely terms of a compromise settlement."

Bit of a head scratcher for those Russians who don't just swallow what they see on TV whole as well.

On another note I'm getting vibes with the general movement around Kaliningrad like the Russians are trying to make it so that it is expendable or sacrificial - possibly because they are anticipating a reaction to some kind of future provocation using their own logic as to how they'd react to such rather than necessarily how the West would react. (EDIT: Could be preparations for Kaliningrad becoming more isolated with overland routes for supplies being cut off over the next few days, etc. but that isn't really how I read it).

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting point by Rob Lee (@RALee85):

"There appears to be a widening gap between what the Russian military can achieve at this point and the expectations of many Russians. The more Russian news presents a rosy picture of the war, the harder it will be for people to accept the likely terms of a compromise settlement."
Now the atrocities have come to light I'm not entirely sure a compromise settlement will be at the top of Ukraines agenda.

Man of Honour
Mikhail Khodorkovsky does make a good point that it is easy to overlook - Russia supposedly invaded Ukraine to stop NATO at the doorstep (as well as all the other reasons they've claimed) and this is as much as anything a war with NATO for Russia. It is easy to get into the mindset of this being contained to Ukraine.

Another interesting point which I can't at this point verify:

news.yahoo.com said:
"His propagandists have already been started to prepare Russian society for an attack on NATO countries. They're constantly talking about this," Khodorkovsky said. "And this is the preparation of Russian public opinion for this."
"I'm absolutely convinced that, if Putin decides that he has won in Ukraine, this is not going to be the last step, the last war," Khodorkovsky said. "The next steps will be the Baltic countries."

Soldato
*Australia Has Banned the Export of Luxury Goods to Russia.
*Ukraine’s President Zelensky: Borodyanka and Other Liberated Ukrainian Towns May Have Far More Civilian Casualties Than Bucharest.
*Ukraine’s President Zelensky: On Tuesday, I Will Address the United Nations Security Council.

*N. Korea: We Oppose War, South Korea Is Not Our Main Adversary
*N. Korea: If South Korea Chooses to Engage in Military Conflict, Our Nuclear Force Will Carry Out Its Mission.

Soldato
So it appears Ukrainians are shooting Russian POW's, the lot of them are going full retard. Never go full retard....So much hate from all sides, this will leave a scar open for decades

Videos of Ukrainian soldiers castrating Russian soldiers, shooting in balls etc, then booting them in balls, as well as generally kicking the crap out of them but, it's ridiculous to be as black and white as if to say Ukraine are the good guys and Russia are the bad guys or visa versa, same as to say we or the West are the good guys, more complex than that, we have more sophisticated economic systems which allow us to live differently.

Last edited:
Soldato
it's ridiculous to be as black and white as if to say Ukraine are the good guys and Russia are the bad guys or visa versa
Nonsense! Ukraine never asked for this. Whilst I dont agree on any terms with that level of barbarism. I also dont have any sympathy for whatever hell the Ukrainian forces bring upon the the Russian forces when they have the chance. Ukraines best chance of coming out the other side of this conflict is by making this so bloody and so messy for Russia that they can no longer justify carrying on with this stupidity.

Soldato
Videos of Ukrainian soldiers castrating Russian soldiers, shooting in balls etc, then booting them in balls, as well as generally kicking the crap out of them but, it's ridiculous to be as black and white as if to say Ukraine are the good guys and Russia are the bad guys or visa versa, same as to say we or the West are the good guys, more complex than that, we have more sophisticated economic systems which allow us to live differently.

They seem to be sending the message - 'Rape children lose your balls' I don't agree with this madness. This war needs to end before it spirals out of control, we are at that point of no return.

Soldato
Nonsense! Ukraine never asked for this. Whilst I dont agree on any terms with that level of barbarism. I also dont have any sympathy for whatever hell the Ukrainian forces bring upon the the Russian forces when they have the chance. Ukraines best chance of coming out the other side of this conflict is by making this so bloody and so messy for Russia that they can no longer justify carrying on with this stupidity.

Your just as barbaric then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom