Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
To be fair, this does significant damage to russia's long-term economic prospects. It is the equivalent of an old CCJ when you are trying gti get a mortgage five years later.
Sure, but I imagine all of the financial agencies will simply say "oh yeah we know the context for that; and can see you have the $$$ in your account"...

What does "artificial" even mean here? What part of international loans and payments isn't artificial?

Imposing this kind of consequence is entirely the point of sanctions. Good job.
What is the consequence? That they get to keep the $100m they had ready to pay? :confused:

Sgarrista
Commissario
Right...but this is distinctly a "hurt us more than it hurts them" moment. Everyone can transparently see it was artificial reasons behind the failure to pay...

The true effects of this will be decades down the line. A default, regardless of how "artificial" it is, will effect their ability to borrow on the international stage for a long time far beyond when this war is over.

Associate

Russia accused of stealing Ukrainian grain on an industrial scale​

63423dddsdsd.jpg

Associate
Its all about the sanctions, the west don't want them paying their debt and sanctions have made sure that happens.

The financial consequences means they are now a high risk so any lending they now access in the future comes with a much higher interest rate.

At home this is a disaster as their finanial system will now spirral downwards quicker than it was.

The Ruble is worthless anywhere but Russia and that too will now be put under severe pressure.

Their ecomomy will collapse soon and either their is either revolution or nukes will fly. Russia is now the rat trapped in the corner

Caporegime
Sure, but I imagine all of the financial agencies will simply say "oh yeah we know the context for that; and can see you have the $$$ in your account"...

Why would they do that? Why wouldn't they factor in the major likelihood that Russia will miss future payments unless it radically alters course? Fact is that lending to Russia has got a lot riskier because of sanctions.

Consigliere
To be honest I dont know but it seems to have a big following and posting a lot of info every day so must have a lot of sources within Ukraine.

Yeah it seems quite specific so to me, it seems 'true' but I wonder if anyone has checked the facts with what is being reported by the media a short while later.

Interesting tone of voice too..in a good way! Kinda cheeky ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom