Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Africa in general is a bit of a minefield when it comes to sanctioning them because it's unlikely to work very well and it will just ensure they're under Beijing's thumb even more solidly. Not sure what we should do about South Africa but there has to be consequences.

Last edited:
Are you telling me we should have increased our presence in Afghanistan just to remove some largely irrelevant equipment? Doing it with the troops that were there would have been a massacre as the Taliban would have overtaken their positions plus the intention (also evidently irrelevant after the fact) was that Afghani military were not supposed to immediately fold, but they did.

Not even relevant to this discussion so I'm just going to stop.

Last edited:

Now read the article. Much of that equipment was rendered inoperable before the Americans left, so it can't be used. The other vehicles require special training and maintenance, which the Taliban lack.

Almost 80 U.S. aircraft—with control panels smashed out—were left abandoned at Kabul’s Hamid Karzai International Airport when the United States pulled out last August.

...The Defense Department insists that it’s unlikely the Taliban could use the American weapons left behind because they require specialized maintenance and technical support that was once provided by U.S. contractors.

The Pentagon insists that U.S. forces were able to destroy or render inoperable much of the equipment and weapons provided to Afghanistan before the troop withdrawal, a figure that amounted to $18.6 billion.

“It is important to remember that the $7.12 billion figure cited in the department’s recent report to Congress corresponds to [Afghan National Defense and Security Forces] equipment and not U.S. military equipment used by our forces,” said Maj. Rob Lodewick, a Defense Department spokesperson.

“Nearly all equipment used by U.S. military forces in Afghanistan was either retrograded or destroyed prior to our withdrawal and is not part of the $7.12 billion figure cited in the report.”

Your claim that Biden gave the Taliban billions of dollars worth of weapons, is false.

Now read the article. Much of that equipment was rendered inoperable before the Americans left, so it can't be used. The other vehicles require special training and maintenance, which the Taliban lack.

Your claim that Biden gave the Taliban billions of dollars worth of weapons, is false.
Now what a ridiculous post, you suggesting that nothing was left behind? Lol.

Yes he did don't forget the ammunition that was left behind.

The United States left 23,825 Humvees in Afghanistan, including armored gun truck variants, and nearly 900 combat vehicles, officials familiar with the report said. “These weapons are potentially in the service of crushing human rights,”

There are more than 250,000 automatic rifles, 95 drones, and more than a million mortar rounds that require little training to use. And if the Taliban don’t use the systems, the cash-starved militant group could pass them on to American adversaries or they could find their way into the hands of terror groups.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It is directly related to Ukraine, if you understand the article.

Prigozhin hired Discreet Law in 2021 to sue the UK journalist Eliot Higgins for libel for suggesting the Russian was connected to Wagner

How exactly is that relevant to the Ukraine invasion?

The FT article also states that Prigozhin mother is now also under sanctions to prevent this loophole happening again.

I understand, again, you are trying to derail a thread with irrelevant off-topics.

Last edited:
How exactly is that relevant to the Ukraine invasion?

The FT article also states that Prigozhin mother is now also under sanctions to prevent this loophole happening again.

I understand, again, you are trying to derail a thread with irrelevant off-topics.

Part of Wagner, Wagner in the Ukrainian war. Money laundering, trying to keep quiet a reporter.
Has everything to do with the war.

ministry's Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI) had granted licences for a UK law firm to work on the case.

Last edited:
I am sure you can use cl_newmans link, which you say doesn't breach any t&cs.
I just found your report a tad ironic considering you posted a similar link? Also please can you show me the rule where links to paywall sites are forbidden? I must've forgotten when we put the rules together...

I just found your report a tad ironic considering you posted a similar link? Also please can you show me the rule where links to paywall sites are forbidden? I must've forgotten when we put the rules together...

My link shows what can be shown, his link hacks the paywall by the ft.

And Ukraine repelled Russia's initial invasion without western support in the first place.

Ukraine is going to fight for every inch of their land / country because they know what Russia will do to their women and children if they are allowed to win. Removing western support doesn't stop the bloodshed, it just means more Ukrainians will die.

Unfortunately I fear that Russia may eventually succeed, they clearly don't care how many of their men die in the meat grinder. However Ukraine (and the rest of the world) need to make sure that Russia pays a very high price for that victory to stop them doing it again to anyone else in this generation.

With Western support they will never win. Biden has already made that commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom