Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what Putin escape plan got to be talks of that before long.

I think even he knows deep down its game over how many more men he go to throw to there deaths.

Maybe im blinkered but I dont see where Russia win in this at all.

It is a messy situation - Putin with his back to a wall is a very very dangerous situation though as he is almost certainly the type inclined towards "if I'm going down you are coming with me".

He has a pretty substantial grip on power as things stand despite the circumstances but there is only so far that goes - a militarily defeated Russia with the population isolated and suffering will possibly result in his removal - in those circumstances Russia will probably eat itself.

His and/or his regimes survival really depends on either grinding through Ukraine before Russia is completely incapacitated militarily or in some way freezing the conflict in a way he can sell to the Russian population. If the leaked information is correct then it seems they are slowly waking up to the reality that it'll need massive scale civilian industry and military mobilisation. Alternatively something I've touched on before he could try to engineer some provocation so as to sell that Russia was defending against Western aggression which is used as a justification to pull back to defensive positions in Russia and freeze the conflict with the hope of normalising relations in the longer run with countries which aren't Western leaning like China and India, etc.

Last edited:
It's interesting to know that Russian war doctrine doesn't change based on where they are fighting

they don't just destroy everything in their path in ukraine, they'll do it in Russia as well

Wont post footage here but in the last day the Russians have been using artillery , including using a tos1 thermobaric war crimes launcher to flatten villages in the Belgorod region to try and dislodge the freedom legion fighters and this shelling has decimated houses and private property

Last edited:
Do they still make the Sparrow?

They won’t make the air-to-air version as they’ve been out of service for a while now, but there still should be plenty about seeing as it was the standard BVR AAM for a lot of countries for a long time now. They were also produced here in the UK under licence under the name Skyflash, which was used by the RAF and RN on Tornados and F-4 Phantoms, while that version was also sold to Sweden and used on their SAAB Viggens. Italy also produced it, where it was known as Aspide.

There’s also the closely related RIM-7 Sea Sparrow, which is a naval SAM system still in widespread use, while the Aspide is also used as part of a land based SAM system.

It makes me wonder that if they can I get the AIM-7 to work with the MIG-29’s avionics, then are they that far off from being able to get it to use the likes of the much more capable RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow, or even AIM-120 AMRAAM.

Last edited:
His and/or his regimes survival really depends on either grinding through Ukraine before Russia is completely incapacitated militarily or in some way freezing the conflict in a way he can sell to the Russian population. If the leaked information is correct then it seems they are slowly waking up to the reality that it'll need massive scale civilian industry and military mobilisation. Alternatively something I've touched on before he could try to engineer some provocation so as to sell that Russia was defending against Western aggression which is used as a justification to pull back to defensive positions in Russia and freeze the conflict with the hope of normalising relations in the longer run with countries which aren't Western leaning like China and India, etc.

I think he could tell the Russian public that 'the mission is complete - all the NAZI's have been killed' and that would satisfy the public. However, that won't satisfy the more extreme nationalists who may well see the situation for what it really is, a defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom