Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the right wingers of America try to advocate for and establish communism in America is hilarious. I've always said facism and communism is basically the same thing and this show how quickly one becomes the other and how quickly the two get in the bed with eachother

In theory communism and fascism should be quite different and genuine communism would have a lot of advantages for your average citizen. Of course in practice both systems tend to manifest as corrupt totalitarian regimes, where those at the top use the state to crush any dissent from people who might want to change things.

read bbc news

Putin can understand Trump? No i dont think so. Its really only in peoples heads do people join up the random dots to make whatever connection suits what they want. Trump is an absolute random oddball and that's precisely why other leaders cant gauge him.
In my opinion ofc. (my dots) And no that's not an indorsement of Trump especially at this time.

My take is that former KGB officer Putin has the measure of narcissistic blowhard Trump and has already shown that he can influence his actions. Biden (or any other half decent leader) will hopefully have some actual principles and be less susceptible to flattery, bribery, blackmail or whatever.

On the plus side, it's hopefully lit a fire under Europe’s ass to stop relying on daddy USA.

Unfortunately, there are no nationalised arms companies for any country to act quick to re-arm so we will be too slow to react.

How many vehicles did we develop and produce in WW2 compared to creating AJAX?

British government "Save us BAE Systems!"

Last edited:
Agreed. Unfortunately, as Russia is proving. Democracies are slow, bureaucratic, and weak when immediate practical action is required. In this case, force.

80 Years of Pax Europaea has made us soft when the right thing needs to be done.

How hard is it to JUST GIVE THEM ALL THE DAMM ARTILLARY SHELLS!

Bring back the British empire! The old ways are the best ways. Swift action and a democratic constitution. Rule, Brit…

On the plus side, it's hopefully lit a fire under Europe’s ass to stop relying on daddy USA.

Unfortunately, there are no nationalised arms companies for any country to act quick to re-arm so we will be too slow to react.

How many vehicles did we develop and produce in WW2 compared to creating AJAX?

The US insisted we rely upon them. Bullied nations at times.

It's very depressing to think the only thing holding back aid which will save Ukraine from the brink is one man, this has bipartisan support, weakens Russia and strengthens the US economy there is no downsides. Why can't get get rid of this obvious Russian stooge?

It's very depressing to think the only thing holding back aid which will save Ukraine from the brink is one man, this has bipartisan support, weakens Russia and strengthens the US economy there is no downsides. Why can't get get rid of this obvious Russian stooge?

Yeah, one unelected man no less.

He was a fool. The fact he thought he might become a Martyr returning to Russia is laughable.

They sent him to Siberia and once the public had forgotten about him, they Epsteined him.

He obviously wanted to be a martyr. I doubt it will do any good though because the Russian people are one of the most brain-washed apathetic populations in the world.

If he had stayed in the West he could have maintained an influence in Russia as a critic of Putin via the internet and if they had managed to block him then the BBC World Service or another European broadcaster could have given him a short-wave radio show to reach Russians. I suspect that would have been the only way he could have changed anything in Russia, but it would probably take many more years before enough anger accumulates for the Russian people to actually take action against Putin.

Completely true, but Europe seems to duck a lot of criticism which is also due. There's no reason that Europe couldn't collectively supply enough financial and military aid to Ukraine to significantly improve their position regardless of what the USA does.

Europe's military stockpiles are a joke currently. The only quick way for us to help Ukraine is if we purchase the military supplies they need from the USA and give them to Ukraine.

The USA might have the deepest pockets and biggest military reserves, but we're two years in now and military production in Europe could have been massively increased by now (sure it's increased, but nowhere near full potential) if there was political will, as well as supplying more existing stock.

I agree. They should have ordered the scaling up of production of artillery/tank rounds in all NATO states the moment Russia invaded Ukraine on 24/2/22. Even if we don't need them to fight the Russians ourselves, we would likely need them for deterrence and it was obvious that Ukraine was going to need a lot of ammunition to fight them. Rheinmetall's NATO tank round maximum production capacity is 240,000 (with their current manufacturing capability), but it only produced 120,000 in 2022. French production of 155mm shells was 60,000 per year in 2022, now due to increase three-fold by 2025.

Production of 155mm shells for the British army averaged 64,000 a year. BAE states that roughly a third of UK artillery production is for export so that would put total 155mm production at 96,000 a year. Given the British Army has double the number of 105mm guns to 155mm guns, you’d expect 105mm production to be at least the same as 155mm. That would put total British annual artillery production at 192,000 rounds per year. The MOD placed an order in June 2023 with BAE to provide an eight-fold increase in production of 155mm shells. Assuming there is no increase in 105mm production, the UK will make 864,000 shells a year from 2025 onwards. Better late than never I suppose.

Europe (and I include the UK in that) is failing in similar ways to America imo, just not quite as dramatically / transparently as the Republicans are (and to a lesser extent the Democrats too).

It doesn't help that we have a Eurosceptic Brexit government and the EU has the Hungarian government in their tent ******* inwards. The eastern European NATO countries have (mostly) been very generous to Ukraine.

The MAGA Republicans must be some of the most ignorant and short-sighted people in the developed world. Just a relatively small investment (compared to their enormous defence budget) could inflict massive damage on the Armed Forces of one of their most powerful enemies, without any loss of American lives, but they are so obsessed by not giving their money to foreigners that they are letting the opportunity pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom