Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm wondering if all of these Russian logistics issues are down to the Oligarchs attempting todo everything on the cheap. So by their actions they're undermining Putin :D

Soldato
You would think the Russians would have learnt to better protect their convoys by now. If it was that easy wouldn't they have done it by now?

It obviously suggests that they (1) have air superiority and (2) feel it's sufficiently protected on the ground. Probably tells us something about how all this is going tbh.

Soldato
Insider trading, Tory party delays obvious sanctions so Tory politicians, members and donors get a chance to pull their funds! A bit like letting private jets in from Russia after banning the national airline classic one rule for our friends one rule for the rest!

That's JRM scuppered. I suspect some fallout closer to home will be diligent review of financial operations the government are associated with - leading to scandals. The Tories were becoming more Putinesque/Imperial with every day.

Soldato
You would think the Russians would have learnt to better protect their convoys by now. If it was that easy wouldn't they have done it by now?

A convoy that large you don't need fighters. Just expensive cruise missiles. You know the road location, you know their travel and timing.

Caporegime
Imagine buildings and rooftops where thousands and thousands of Ukrainians lay in wait, armed with rpgs, nlaws, rifles, etc.

It’s going to be a miserable experience for Russia

Imagine Russia just pulverise every building out of spite instead. It's not a good situation.
Well World of Tanks/Warships producer "Wargaming Minsk" is based in Belarius: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargaming_(company)

I suspect there will be problems with game subscriptions to play being used to fund the war.

Their WoT has had an increasing bias towards Russian and Chinese tanks being more powerful over other countries. Perhaps to support the Putinesque rhetoric? This is a common joke within the player base and influencers that a "Russian cloak of dispersion" and "hand of Stalin guides Russian tank shells" meaning tank shots seem to not be able to hit Russian tanks and Russian tanks seem to magically hit other non-russian tanks.

I was going to say I hope gamers boycott wargaming. About time.

Soldato
Insider trading, Tory party delays obvious sanctions so Tory politicians, members and donors get a chance to pull their funds! A bit like letting private jets in from Russia after banning the national airline classic one rule for our friends one rule for the rest!

:cry::cry::cry: one of the stupider comments on here - as if the whole world didn't know there were going to be sanctions days before they happened.

I suppose you would just leave any money in a Russian bank so you could be smug on an internet forum lol

Soldato
It obviously suggests that they (1) have air superiority and (2) feel it's sufficiently protected on the ground. Probably tells us something about how all this is going tbh.

Not necessarily. I'm sure they would have looked at the options and analysed the situation. Maybe there's much better place to attack the convoy closer it gets or they have much higher priorities elsewhere

Caporegime
They have jets, why are they not bombing that entire convey in a straight line before it disperses?

It's not clear they do have jets (or at least not many of them), it's been two days when we've seen these claims of loads of jets being handed over to Ukraine but there have been contradictory stories with Bulgarians denying they're sending any etc..

Soldato
:cry::cry::cry: one of the stupider comments on here - as if the whole world didn't know there were going to be sanctions days before they happened.
I suppose you would just leave any money in a Russian bank so you could be smug on an internet forum lol

It doesn't take much brains. What I would like reviewed is the reason for the delay - that seems to be the point of question of the article.

Caporegime

Well yeah, it's staying back outside of the range of Ukrainian artillery presumably. It's gotta be frustrating, some A10s or Apache helicopters would make short work of that but obvs NATO can't get involved in that way without triggering WW3.

Soldato
Was wondering if it was due to jamming - but probably the geo data/model they are using isn't calibrated quite correctly or something - on some of the aftermath satellite images of the air base strikes you can see how the impacts are offset from the likely intended target by almost exactly the same amount each instance.

probably relying on GLONASS which was supposed to be upgraded to GLONASS Mk2 this year, so maybe their satelites are not providing accurate geopositional data ? or could just be down to incompetence...........

Caporegime

This is silly though, firstly that isn't insider trading and secondly, the story is fake news, Mogg relinquished control years ago yet people keep on posting stories about the actions of the company he founded and then attributing them to him.

Soldato
probably relying on GLONASS which was supposed to be upgraded to GLONASS Mk2 this year, so maybe their satelites are not providing accurate geopositional data ? or could just be down to incompetence...........

Space force probably have some space tugs out moving the satellites..

Soldato
Not necessarily. I'm sure they would have looked at the options and analysed the situation. Maybe there's much better place to attack the convoy closer it gets or they have much higher priorities elsewhere
I hadn’t considered this, the convoy whilst in convoy isn’t much in the way of a threat. I have faith that Ukraine have and are being assisted with high quality Intel so you’re perhaps correct and there’s a sweeter spot for attack.

Caporegime
Jammed, GPS hack or hacked. Or perhaps the soldiers are deliberately missing - Putin not paying enough.

The Ukrainians hold a special place in Russia's mindset. They created the Ukranian SSR (sound familiar) - one of the first combined federations in one of the many wars of russia, so every child in Russia knows Ukraine.

Russia doesn't rely on GPS they have their own GLONASS system and the Chinese BeiDou system.

AFAIK there is a lack of satnav gear in general among their troops thus lots of units are getting lost (and subsequently ambushed/destroyed) after initial contacts/ambushes cause forces to disperse/change route and get lost. Also partly explains the troops stopping to ask for directions or running low on fuel (on top of the issue with logistics/supply trucks being hit).

Soldato
Doesnt add up with the way the Russians have been invading Ukraine.

Supposedly they are a big, powerful military nation and yet utter farce at the way they have conducted things thus far.

Putin is doing this deliberately! He has something up his sleeve. This has all been planned out.

He has not released hell yet!

Hope i am wrong.

I thought it was more of a case that he actually believed his own propaganda that the Ukrainians actually would welcome the Russians in as the liberators and save them from their so called "neo nazi leaders". Then he started finding out that the Ukrainians actually think he is a **** and don't want him or his army in their lands. I also think he massively underestimated that ammount of NATO hardware that has been pumped into Ukraine. He is basically acting like Hitler in downfall where he goes mental because Steiners attack didn't come in. If Putin goes full retard and his generals can't reign him in he might just go full scorched earth and have the cities bombed back to the stoneage (conventional not nukes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom