Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Even gaming companies are starting to show support for Ukraine.
11Bit, a Polish studio has heavily discounted This War of Mine and will donate 100% of the sales to the Ukrainian Red Cross.
https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/0...ises-relief-funds-for-the-ukrainian-red-cross
79cac578862887374a46b386d939b4410ea0cd52.jpg

Man of Honour
I think Putin believes it is over once he takes Kyiv but it really isn’t. https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-...updates-12541713?postid=3446445#liveblog-body

Unless the defenders of Kyiv fold for some reason, or Russia just totally bombs the city into annihilation, I can't see them taking it any time soon. With even a few 1000 well armed defenders you'd need like a million man army to take it and it could take weeks or even months depending on moral and supplies.

EDIT: To put it into perspective the greater Kyiv area is as big as some UK counties and favourable terrain for defence.

Soldato
Unless the defenders of Kyiv fold for some reason, or Russia just totally bombs the city into annihilation, I can't see them taking it any time soon. With even a few 1000 well armed defenders you'd need like a million man army to take it and it could take weeks or even months depending on moral and supplies.

Imagine buildings and rooftops where thousands and thousands of Ukrainians lay in wait, armed with rpgs, nlaws, rifles, etc.

It’s going to be a miserable experience for Russia

Soldato
Even gaming companies are starting to show support for Ukraine.
11Bit, a Polish studio has heavily discounted This War of Mine and will donate 100% of the sales to the Ukrainian Red Cross.
https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/0...ises-relief-funds-for-the-ukrainian-red-cross
79cac578862887374a46b386d939b4410ea0cd52.jpg

Well World of Tanks/Warships producer "Wargaming Minsk" is based in Belarius: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargaming_(company)

I suspect there will be problems with game subscriptions to play being used to fund the war.

Their WoT has had an increasing bias towards Russian and Chinese tanks being more powerful over other countries. Perhaps to support the Putinesque rhetoric? This is a common joke within the player base and influencers that a "Russian cloak of dispersion" and "hand of Stalin guides Russian tank shells" meaning tank shots seem to not be able to hit Russian tanks and Russian tanks seem to magically hit other non-russian tanks.

Associate
That is interesting to me is that the Russian Oligarchs are not much different to the Chinese Belt & Road initiative. They invest and take over companies and functions critical, resulting in a reliance and control structure. Oligarchs "made their money in selling of Russian oil etc assets" I'm starting to think they are part of the Russian system, essentially they are funded and then tasked to strategically pave the way to weaken and take control through any means.
Or its a good way to make money in a business you know.
I mean who's heard of an oil baron? or tin foil hat.

Soldato

EDIT: To put it into perspective the greater Kyiv area is as big as some UK counties and favourable terrain for defence.
With 75% of the Russian forces that were on the border now in Ukraine then Putin is going to be sacrificing them all and some more.

Man of Honour
A 40 mile long line of Russian military hardware has to be NATO bait?
I’d assume air attacks could easily mop all of that up?

I'd imagine they'd have mobile anti-air with it along with air support.

From the images it mostly seems support/logistics and infantry with a bit of towed artillery - probably to try and fix how everything has stalled due to lack of supplies, etc.

RJM is really the worst in Humanity.

Horrible person - never ceases to find some new way to go down in my estimation.

Associate
Well World of Tanks/Warships producer "Wargaming Minsk" is based in Belarius: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargaming_(company)

I suspect there will be problems with game subscriptions to play being used to fund the war.
Maybe with the whole situation they could get as work permit or something far easier into a bordering EU country.
It would be interesting to hear if the company have any such plans if things gets even worse in Belarus or Ukraine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom