Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I think we're all going to find out pretty soon anyway

Do you think it's rubbish that the West would conduct cyber attacks on Russia and Russia would not retaliate ?

Come on man!
This is a totally different question. You are taking what I said out of context

NATO members have had many cyber attacks attributed to Russia. In the past that clearly wasn't an article 5 issue in the past. Now in your post the head of NATO saying it is. Maybe they would do something, maybe they wouldn't. Maybe they would fight cyber with cyber or maybe with missiles.

Weird hypotheticals.

rp2000

Man of Honour
There have been some worrying posts in this thread. I'm ever the optimist glass half full sort of person, but I can't deny I'm a little nervous about this. And the fact this is happening right now... And yet here we are in the warm chatting on the internet about people's lives and people getting guns to go and shoot other people. It's absolutely harrowing.

Yes, there's definitely a sense of unease beyond what I was expecting. I have always been of the view that nobody will be stupid enough to 'push the button' - but the reality is we never know that for sure.

It's all a little bit surreal...

Caporegime
Yes, there's definitely a sense of unease beyond what I was expecting. I have always been of the view that nobody will be stupid enough to 'push the button' - but the reality is we never know that for sure.

It's all a little bit surreal...

It is mainly Putin's sudden switch to absolute mental case.

Soldato
So why are they considered such a big threat then?

Because they have more nukes than anyone else and given his recent public address, not afraid to use them. Seems they are doing what the namesake intended, deterring anyone else from trying something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons

Wonder if those against renewing our nuclear deterrent have now had second thoughts, its only safe to remove them is if no one else possesses them.

Soldato
Nukes are a deterrent against nukes. So no one will want to push the button first.
very true, hence the cold war, both sides have thousands of nukes enough to destroy the planet many times over, the deterrent has worked and will always work, no one is mad enough to launch a nuke on other, knowing the planet is game over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom