Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'm honestly a bit surprised at how quickly Putin has united the rest of Europe as it seems even Germany has given up on long-standing policies regarding pacifism.

Brings a tear to your eye it does.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Reports coming in another 20 tanks taken out by a Ukrainian bomber apparently as well as a train with fuel taken out by a drone. Numerous other aircraft downed.

Soldato
I'm honestly a bit surprised at how quickly Putin has united the rest of Europe as it seems even Germany has given up on long-standing policies regarding pacifism.

When things really take a turn for the worse, people do come together. Just a shame it's not very often (coming together I mean :D)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
They seem absolutely dead set on running their economy into the ground.

Russia have a massive war chest available, a very good article in the guardian about it. They are good to go for another 12 months or from a civil infrastructure point of view. How the populace is going to take their nice disappearing things is a different matter.

Soldato
I’m no military expert by any means but… seems to me that tanks have gone the way of the battleship in terms of usefulness now… maybe in a prolonged war where the supply of these shoulder mounted weapons runs out they can come out of hiding but not before. Certainly operate no where near cities.
It may look that way but it's sort of a false conclusion.

If they were using M1 Abrams, Leopard 2's or Challenger 2's then things would be going very differently. Hell if they were using their own T-14 Armatas it would but that would require them to have more than five completed models lol.

But this is what happens in any battle when one side has mostly 30-40 year old tanks with no retrofitting of newer defensive/offensive systems and the other side has brand new anti-tank weaponry. It only ends one way for the tank crews.

An interesting note is we've seen pictures of Ukrainian tanks on the move but no wrecks, so they must be using them smarter (and they seem to be using their modernised/upgraded ones).

Caporegime
GERMANY’S CHANCELLOR SCHOLZ: WE WILL SUPPLY 1000 ANTI-TANK WEAPONS AND 500 STINGER MISSILES TO OUR FRIENDS IN THE UKRAINE.

Source:
https://twitter.com/Bundeskanzler/status/1497632817450266632
https://twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/1497640189409308672
https://twitter.com/abbyjourno/status/1497640196619309061

Better late than never but they could have done with doing this a while ago... their initial approach of blocking other countries from supplying aid was absolutely pathetic as was their initial reaction to tougher sanctions.

Just shows how holding out a bit longer + international pressure has helped, Ukraine has demonstrated this won't be a cakewalk for Russia and now others are more confident to back them... whereas before I suspect some might have been content to condemn from a distance but had written them off and figured they'd not antagonise Russia too much.

Caporegime

All these past years he has spent trying to divide Europe and the west (and was managing to do a decent job of it), only to undo it all in an instant and give everyone a common enemy/bogeyman.

What a "genius" :cry:

Associate
Don't really understand what this means in real terms, but basically he has handed over administrative control for the time being to protect the brand and distance himself a little and come back when its less toxic to do so? But ultimately he remains owner and benefactor?

I guess it's so it can't get frozen as an asset? Could be wrong

Man of Honour
SKY and BBC News are so bad at bringing up to date news or recent events. I just turned over for 20 minutes to see what's what and I'm all seeing is regurgitated stories and video from the last two days.
I haven't bothered watching any of it on MSM. The days of MSM are over. I get all my news from places like this. It's far faster (although not all is accurate of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom