Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Putin is clearly unhinged these days and will become increasingly frustrated at his lack of progress in Ukraine.

I think he's going to authorise increasingly powerful weapons/missiles in order to try and break the resistance. Would a nuclear attack against Ukraine trigger NATO Article 5 (fallout damage)?

There's no way he'll back down, I think he'd rather die. Worrying.

Soldato
Bringing the UK immigration policy into the thread quite frankly absurd. If you have an axe to grind about it, do it in another thread.

Sure, but if it's about the immediate crisis of millions of displaced Ukrainians and what should be done about it, then surely this is an appropriate place to discuss it. As much as it's valid to discuss the military aspect of the war too.

Soldato
Don't see why we can't discuss refugees. The UK does have a population/housing crisis and mass immigration is not good. Plenty of other places in the world with more space so I don't see why we should be expected to suddenly welcome millions more. It needs to be a combined and realistic global response.

And yeah, I also find the people quoting acronyms and weapon code names complete cringe, like we all know what they mean. The vast majority here don't. Just say "machine gun thingy" and "super big bomb level 10". That kind of talk mmkay?

Soldato
Putin is clearly unhinged these days and will become increasingly frustrated at his lack of progress in Ukraine.

I think he's going to authorise increasingly powerful weapons/missiles in order to try and break the resistance. Would a nuclear attack against Ukraine trigger NATO Article 5 (fallout damage)?

No

Associate
Sure, but if it's about the immediate crisis of millions of displaced Ukrainians and what should be done about it, then surely this is an appropriate place to discuss it. As much as it's valid to discuss the military aspect of the war too.
Once there are millions of displaced Ukrainians which the UK are refusing entry to, maybe.

Soldato
no, the UK is not overcrowded in the slightest snd the distance is utterly meaningless.

The UK did have a history of helping, but that has not been the case for some time.

Totally different situation that false.comparitives are being made on.

- the EU doesn't enforce its internal borders
- the EUs external borders literally border a country at war.

The EU dropping visa requirements isn't for someone to enter a more distant EU member. That may be the consequence but the purpose is to allow refugees into counties such as Polland to address the immediate issue.

Soldato

I imagine a nuclear attack against any country would trigger a military response from the west regardless, it's too big to ignore. Once a country uses a nuclear weapon in todays era, it means that country is rogue and its leaders no longer care about the lives of any human on this planet, it is a threat to every living species and must be eradicated

Global safety and security is built upon a fundamental understanding that humans are rational and have an inherent will to live and a survive, the use of a nuclear weapons means you have given up your will to survive and you are no longer of rational thought - you are a threat to everyone

Last edited:
Soldato
If Putin is serious about using his nukes, which he's said in his speech before this invasion he would. Then we have to threaten him with nukes too.

I've heard France as already stated that they have nukes too (though I've not seen the news article about that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom