Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Friday going be a cold night

kT1zeFv.jpg

The news had a fair bit of coverage yesterday about the incoming arctic blast. You've obviously got a lot of soliders outside - on both sides. Then with all the bombing a lot of cities are not able to provide any heating. It could certainly change the course of this war.

Soldato
Even upto now Russian propaganda is to hate the west.

Putin giving the Russian population the mushroom treatment means it's easy to perpetuate the demonisation of "them outside the border", the control means nobody holds the government to account or incompetence whilst the rich live with luxuries from outside the borders.

If Russians accept returning to the Cold War and being treated as slaves, then there is little we can do but wait for the corpse of our enemy to float past (to quote Sun Tsu).

Associate
It's time for the west to stop ******* around and actually do something. There is plenty of justification to intervene. What good are sanctions against people with billions in the bank?

Symbolic gestures wearing Ukraine ribbons is not good enough, stop talking and start doing.

Soldato
I'd like to know what weapon made a crater like that!

I'd suggest something with a minimum of a 2000lb to 3000lb unitary warhead makes a crater that large at approx 5.5m deep by 15m wide (see spoiler) into softish mud. However it's being reported that the Ukrainians have claimed it was from rocket-artillery (big unguided rockets) but there's no MLRS style rocket Russia has which has a warhead around that size (no 220mm rockets with a 2000lb warhead and TOS-1 thermobaric doesn't dig deep craters like this) and there's no aircraft munitions currently being carried over Ukraine by the RuAF's tactical aircraft which has a warhead that size.

In fact there is only the large FAB-1500 unguided bomb which matches up (3300lb bomb) but this is carried by the very large Tu-22M bombers which would have been widely noticed due to it's size and rarity, although they did use them in Syria, so I'm not sure what specifically caused this and I hate mysteries.

Todays Crater with man for scale -

5mqNgPe.jpg

V2 Crater from WW2 also with man for scale - V2 had a 2000lb warhead and the crater sizes are fairly similar (V2's is just a little smaller I'd say) when compared to the size of man.

8n2ejaI.jpg

Soldato
I'd suggest something with a minimum of a 2000lb to 3000lb unitary warhead makes a crater that large at approx 5.5m deep by 15m wide (see spoiler) into softish mud. However it's being reported that the Ukrainians have claimed it was from rocket-artillery (big unguided rockets) but there's no MLRS style rocket Russia has which has a warhead around that size (no 220mm rockets with a 2000lb warhead and TOS-1 thermobaric doesn't dig deep craters like this) and there's no aircraft munitions currently being carried over Ukraine by the RuAF's tactical aircraft which has a warhead that size.

In fact there is only the large FAB-1500 unguided bomb which matches up (3300lb bomb) but this is carried by the very large Tu-22M bombers which would have been widely noticed due to it's size and rarity, although they did use them in Syria, so I'm not sure what specifically caused this and I hate mysteries.

Todays Crater with man for scale -

5mqNgPe.jpg

V2 Crater from WW2 also with man for scale - V2 had a 2000lb warhead and the crater sizes are fairly similar (V2's is just a little smaller I'd say) when compared to the size of man.

8n2ejaI.jpg
As far as I'm aware their guided 1500's can be carried on all of their modern Multirole platforms. Wouldnt make a lot of sense to use guided munitions in this fashion though surely?

Soldato
The amount of collective inaction western governments have managed over this is impressive :(
All we've had in the last week or so is endless press conferences between leaders that don't go anywhere or lead to anything substantial. Tell a lie, there was Boris's 6 point plan he wrote an essay for in the news paper s that offered up nothing beyond what we were already doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom