Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the video of the Russian strike on the Wagner camp. Wow, what a poorly calculated decision.

Saw this initially when it popped up on the MSN feed and assumed it was just one of the more outrageous click bait news links.

But checked BBC, then here and all true!

Am I the only one whenever I read Wagner, get the "Ride Of The Valkyries" earworming my head?

Well I guess now we know what those several £billion we just gave (sorry, loaned) Ukraine in the last few days was spent on - turn the mercenary army.

In all seriousness, reading the previous pages not sure if this is going to be a good thing for Ukraine, Russia and the wider world or not. Really depends what the Wagner end game is, but if regime change is the purpose then one must assume at least some of the current Russian administration are complicit.

Ukraine may have been right to desperately hold on to Bakhmut. The war of attrition has worked.

Last edited:
Saw this initially when it popped up on the MSN feed and assumed it was just one of the more outrageous click bait news links.

But checked BBC, then here and all true!

Am I the only one whenever I read Wagner, get the "Ride Of The Valkyries" earworming my head?

Well I guess now we know what those several £billion we just gave (sorry, loaned) Ukraine in the last few days was spent on - turn the mercenary army.

In all seriousness, reading the previous pages not sure if this is going to be a good thing for Ukraine, Russia and the wider world or not. Really depends what the Wagner end game is, but if regime change is the purpose then one must assume at least some of the current Russian administration are complicit.

So this is how money is spent : send old ***** at end of life, money to buy new *****.

It's good for Ukraine. This all started because Prigozhin said the russian people were tricked into a war in Ukraine and that there was no real reason for it.
Its good for Ukraine, for now at least. In the long run, who knows. I can think of a good half dozen military coup leaders in various states (mostly Middle Eastern and African) who ended up in the long run causing many issues for their neighbours. As I said earlier, he isnt some good guy charging in to save the day and everything will be better afterwards. Just a different kind of bad guy and bad guys do bad things.

Last edited:
I’d worry for Ukraine. I wouldn’t worry for us though. He seems rational enough to not start a nuclear war and end up destroying Russia.
Ukraine isn't really his war however. He wants power and he could gain a lot of support by probably ending the war with the Ukraine and even becoming friendly with the West. While I wouldn't bet on that, the situation has possibilities. The people of Russia need to ideally stand up for themselves too. if they want a democracy or a least a different Russia, they may need to fight for that by not accepting anything less.
Obviously not without risks but it feels Russia now needs to change. The old playbook needs to end, as does this nuclear terrorism. If the war with Ukraine was over quickly, who knows what'd have been next

Last edited:
Quite probably not tbh. Its just changing from one problem to another problem. If it happens, only time will tell how much of a problem the new problem is.
of course it is, Putin has slaughtered thousands of civilian's men women and children, you don't get much more evil than that. Hopefully they find him, they will certainly be looking for him.

As well as that the tide has turned, there will be so much infighting now they will almost certainly take their eye off the ball in Ukraine

Its not going to end the war overnight but it might just make Russian troops think twice and start to worry whether they will get supplies now or not.

It's definitely Christmas come early for Ukraine.

Hey they could even start pounding the Kremlin and blame it on the Wagnerites.

So yes getting Putin out the way is definitely a good thing, hopefully perminetely.

It's weird because it does kind of feel like theatre playing out from here, especially with a lack of confirmed information on what's going on it's hard to make sense of things... but at the same time if it was just performative it feels like things have gone way too far, and it didn't seem like Putin was playing along... so who exactly is putting the theatre on? Not sure what the point of it would be, feels like it's gone beyond what would be necessary to use as an excuse to either mobilise russia further or de-escalate... Just don't get it!

Or does it seem performative because behind the scenes a lot have people have already agreed what's going to happen?

There's just too much we don't know, and no way to verify most of what we're being told. I prefer not to speculate; let's just wait and see what happens.

Appreciate this is probably pure fantasy but intrusive thoughts I've had.

Could this be pure theatre/false flag (as in a couple of people know the end game) in order for Wagner to get control of something nasty, use in Ukraine and then Putin can absolve all responsibility because it was a coup he allegedly couldn't stop?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom