ULTIMATE RYZEN GAMING BUNDLE (CPU/MOBO/RAM) UNDER £330 & ELITE TIER UNDER £550 RECOMMENDED BY GIBBO

OcUK Staff
OP
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £406.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)

If this is to build into existing kit as follows:
Antec 900 case, with a reasonable PSU and currently a 760GTX, Samsung SSD 128Gb plus back up 600GB normal drive. Win 10 installed on the HDD (from a Win 7 retail free upgrade so i should have a Win 10 retail licence now).
What else do I need to actually complete the build - thermal paste is the only thing I can think I dont have?
Ta

Yes thermal compound and don't think you mentioned a cooler for the CPU?

Associate
which thermal compound, never done this stage before. Also dont the Ryzen's come with a stock wraith cooler? No immediate plans to overclock (never done that before either)

Yeah the 1600 comes with a stock cooler with thermal paste already applied I think. I'm going to use the stock cooler too as I won't be overclocking either.

Soldato
Oh right does it come as a preprepared unit? I was tempted wiht the Recon 2 bundle pre-built, but with the sale deals can save a £100 to put 16Gb of faster RAM in.
doesn't come pre-prepared but it's easy enough to put together. when you say a 'decent enough' psu - how decent enough, i.e. make/model? you don't wanna be powering your nice new kit with a dog of a psu!

Associate
About to hit the button on this to replace my i5 2500k
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £478.42 (includes shipping: £12.60)

Wasn't planning on a new case but couldn't resist...

Anyone know if the 3000MHz RAM will be ok with that board?​

Associate
Thanks Gibbo!

After an evening of pondering, I've decided to go with the Asus ROG strix bundle with the 1600 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...-bundle-with-free-games-bu-06c-as.html#t=a1b3

Board gets a lot of love from the community and I think it will look nicer with that case. The extra expense is more than justified by including 2 free games that I would be buying anyway!

Just trying to convince myself that I don't really need one of the black and white Phantek braided extension cable kits to make it all look really pretty, but have a feeling that I'm going to lose that argument...

Last edited:
Associate
What
Thanks Gibbo!

After an evening of pondering, I've decided to go with the Asus ROG strix bundle with the 1600 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...-bundle-with-free-games-bu-06c-as.html#t=a1b3

Board gets a lot of love from the community and I think it will look nicer with that case. The extra expense is more than justified by including 2 free games that I would be buying anyway!

Just trying to convince myself that I don't really need one of the black and white Phantek braided extension cable kits to make it all look really pretty, but have a feeling that I'm going to lose that argument...

What games are there to choise from

OcUK Staff
OP
Yes Im wondering the same thing also.

Can you overclock on the B350 mobo's??

Yes you can overclock fine on B350, 3200MHz is now also fine. :)

370 really just gives more PCI lanes, SLI/CF support and maybe for the hardcore overclocker it will get a few extra MHz on CPU/RAM.

Of course feel free to spend the extra on more expensive motherboards, that is good for OcUK, but these were my personal recommendations to get the best bang for buck. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom