1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Unhappy 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darreny, Jan 12, 2019.

1. darreny

Mobster

Worst start to a year ever for me. Got laid off work on Tuesday and had a heart attack Wednesday. Currently in hospital waiting on tests to be done and bored stupid.
    Why don't these places have treadmills

2. Hades

Capodecina

Holy crap that's bad. Sorry to hear it. Hope things start improving.

3. Mujja

Mobster

That sucks.

Did you already have health issues or was the stress to blame (not sure if stress can cause a heart attack). If there is a notice period to serve I guess you'll be serving it while off sick.

BTW, I think I read you can't be laid off while you're in sick leave, if that's true the heart attack came a day late :)

4. darreny

Mobster

No previous problems. Yeah it came a day late. Work might have picked up if I'd had a month off. I had an interview arranged for Monday which I can't now attend.
    Someone else mentioned about stress being the cause but I'm unsure of the science behind it

5. robfosters

Caporegime

Very sorry to hear that. Hope the docs sort you out and you’re back on your feet soon.

6. bowey

Hitman

Nightmare, no offence but why do you want to go on a treadmill if you've just had a heart attack?

7. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

+1

8. darreny

Mobster

Just to walk on and get rid of built up energy. I'm still active and up and about but nothing to do

9. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

Sorry to hear of your health problems.

If you are bored, I'd normally say chatting up the nurses always helped me through the day.. though in your condition better take it easy.

10. Bassmansam

Wise Guy

How old are you if you don’t mind me asking?

11. Roland Butter

Suspended

You're bored ? Could be worse dude, you did survive an attack from your heart, gee, some folk eh ?

12. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Was going to ask the same thing, makes you wonder if it would have happened without being laid off.

I’ve known of a few people having heart attacks after being put under stress due to similar situations.

13. darreny

Mobster

14. darreny

Mobster

Tbh I didn't know I'd had one, I went about my business as usual even collecting my tools from work. Even the doctors were talking about how I didn't look like I'd had one, only the blood test proved it

15. Bassmansam

Wise Guy

Firstly, i am sorry to hear these things happened to you. Was it a routine blood test that the heart attack was picked up on?

Worrying to know you can have one without knowing it?!?!

Edit: without knowing

16. Dis86

Capodecina

Sorry for your crap start to the year. We lost 2 guys at work since new year. I saw one of them literally 2 hours before he passed away. Both guys were under 50 and seemingly in good health.

17. Bassmansam

Wise Guy

Both of the same thing?

18. Dis86

Capodecina

No, both sudden though. Neither had a long term illness. Just dropped.

19. Django x2

Capodecina

I guess it's good that all this happened within 11 days of the year starting meaning it can only get better. If it was 11 days before the end of the year, the outlook would be much more bleak

20. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Time is a strange concept, if you are on Chinese Luna calendar you are still in December.