• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unigine Heaven 4 benchmark

I'm more concerned about the card not performing how I thought it should, I get a few black screens on occasions too, maybe rma?

I have just run a 290X at the same clockspeeds as you used 1150/1450, I also ran the CPU at a fixed clockspeed of 4.0ghz which is the same as a 4770k (3.5ghz + turbo = 4.0ghz).

Drivers used 14.7

On this bench a 290X clock for clock should score exactly 10% more than a 290P.

You scored 1346 earlier + 10% = 1480.6

This is what I got on my 290X @1150/1450

070bZf2.jpg

So to answer your question you are about 60 points lower than you should be. A score of 1406 is what you should be looking for.

Having said that the problem is not likely to be your card unless it is throttling and more likely to be something in the setup or drivers.

Yeah it seems pretty low. Here is one of the images I still have saved of my 290p @ 1080/1250 with 4770k @ 4.4ghz.

As you can see I score higher at lower speeds than yours.

XGyCQAL.jpg

just reinstalled windows and the whql driver 14.4 got nothing on here except ungine and afterburner, just ran a test with stock cpu and 1150 coreand 1300 vram and i got 57fps on the extreme preset you guys are doing :)

Thanks. Got another one coming in a bit (sorry). Seems I've got myself a good clocker. Did a run at 1220/1675. Was a little sketchy but made it through OK.

Will make me the fastest 290 on here by a good stretch and faster than most 290X!!! Those that have ran this benchmark anyway lol.

Thanks. Got another one coming in a bit (sorry). Seems I've got myself a good clocker. Did a run at 1220/1675. Was a little sketchy but made it through OK.

Will make me the fastest 290 on here by a good stretch and faster than most 290X!!! Those that have ran this benchmark anyway lol.

Keep them coming it is no problem.:)

It is what the benching threads are for.:D

This is what I'm getting now with everything stock.

3570k stock
Crossfire Ausu R9 290 DCII stock 1000/1260

Can't wait to get WC loop built and OC everything again!

6543216d.png

Just re-run this for the first time since water cooling my system, best I can get so far is 1639 with my 290X @1270/1580 and cpu @4.6.

Going to try disabling hyper threading tomorrow after seeing kaaps suggest it.

Anything else that can be done to get a few more points guys?

Just re-run this for the first time since water cooling my system, best I can get so far is 1639 with my 290X @1270/1580 and cpu @4.6.

Going to try disabling hyper threading tomorrow after seeing kaaps suggest it.

Anything else that can be done to get a few more points guys?

High VRAM speed helps providing you don't have problems with the error correction kicking in.

Back
Top Bottom