• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unigine Heaven 4 benchmark

i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz
Gigabyte GTX 780 @ 1000 / 1502

Didn't know how to resize the image so I put it in a spoiler :(

00001.jpg

Wow!!

It's weird how you beat the person just below you despite him having higher clocks too! :)

The clocks on his GPUs are the boost clocks, mine are the un boosted ones. With the NVidia 6 and 7 series cards the clock speeds can get very confusing (for me anyway).:)

Just ran this to show the difference between set and boost clocks. In the pic below I have used the clocks I used in the Heaven 4 bench, with this I am running the first test in 3dmark11 (it is easy to setup and run). I am only running my CPU @4.0 as I am not after a big score.

You can see the maximum boost the GPUs are reaching and the set clocks.

e2ik.jpg

Last edited:
Ah I see! I'm considering a 780 if I sell my 2x 570's

GTX 780s are great cards, check out the scores on the scoreboards.:)

I keep getting the urge to get a GTX 780/i7 4770k system as you can have a lot of fun benching them.:D

I have added a pic in my previous post showing the difference between set and boost clocks on my cards, this also works the same with GTX 780s.

5200 passed :)

4 Titans @995/1727
3930k @5.1

Niiice :) Truly king of the multi-GPU tables now.

I see that you haven't put the water chiller into your loop yet? Still waiting for cooler weather?

Just so you know, there is no way for the temps to drop sub-ambient, unless the chiller is capable of handling the entire wattage of your loop... The closer you get to ambient, the less effective the radiator will be. The loop will find a new equilibrium temperature, which will be closer to ambient, but will not be below it unless the chiller can handle the entire heat output from the loop. At this point you would be better off removing the rad from the loop, as it will only serve to heat the water.

Apologies if you already knew all the above... What is the heat removal rating for your chiller?

Back
Top Bottom