**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I think you are about the only one who has ever managed to get that much out of them. Is it a TDI 140 or something?
TDI 170 and I drive like a loon. My average fuel consumption over 50,000 miles is 35MPG.
I don't hang about. Trust me, I was amazed when I looked at my spreadsheet and saw how much they'd covered.

Caporegime
Another TR1 update, I remain impressed by the wet and dry grip they offer for the money, however the fronts have worn down to about 4MM after just 7K miles. I guess spirited driving in a nose heavy FWD turbo car hasn't helped but thay does seem pretty fast wear to me.

Still for the price I'm not sure I can complain.

Soldato
Another TR1 update, I remain impressed by the wet and dry grip they offer for the money, however the fronts have worn down to about 4MM after just 7K miles. I guess spirited driving in a nose heavy FWD turbo car hasn't helped but thay does seem pretty fast wear to me.

Still for the price I'm not sure I can complain.

I was going to try some on a R53 I just purchased. Can’t find too many reviews on them, doesn’t help that they named them so closely to the original!! Camskill are selling them in 205/50/16 for around £55 which seems like a bargain...

Caporegime
I've fitted Eagle F1s to 530s for 14 years and averaged about 10k a set in the past.
Still don’t think 20k is ‘exceptional’

Will wait and see on mine but they are 15k in with plenty tread left on a powerful car driven hard.

I think Michelin’s are always worth the price premium due to how long they last

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Swapped my eagle F1 asym 3 run flats out last week for some Bridgestone turanza t0005s (or something like that), full on and reassuring grip in the dry, wet seems decent too can't really tell if that's better or worse than the eagles. They are just that bit numb in the feedback department.

T4y1aWN.jpg
AVE6ygO.jpg
Last change was march 18 :eek: :p

Soldato
dammit, did not know this thread existed - perhaps you helpful chaps could advise me a bit?

I need 4 x 225/60 R17 tyres for an ix35 (with previous cars i just left it with my local garage and they fitted what i can only assume are what as described as ditch finders) Being in the 'sticks' in NI narrows my options a bit but i blackcircles have a 'partner' reasonably close (20ish miles) With a max budget of 100 quid per tyre can anyone suggest what i should be going for - or indeed at that budget are ditch finders all i'll see or get?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
It's what camskill had in bmw * run flats . I wanted something that would last longer than the Eagle f1s but to be fair they did a lot better than the old asym 1s

Guess I made the sensible choice
EwYuhOm.gif

Last edited:
Associate
It's what camskill had in bmw * run flats . I wanted something that would last longer than the Eagle f1s but to be fair they did a lot better than the old asym 1s

Guess I made the sensible choice

How many miles did you get out of them?

I recently replaced my rears for some Goodyear Eagle F1 runflats (which incidentally doesn't have a version number?). I previously had the stock Bridgestone RE050A Potenza and they were down to the wear indicators after around 8,000 miles.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
RE050A's are hands down the best driving tyre in existence! All E46 must have them on by law!!

No idea on the mileage but I'd guess over 50k although about 20 of that the rears were illegal :D

Associate
I actually had no problems with the RE050A and was thinking of getting them again. But thought I would try the Goodyears as it might offer better wear rates and improved wet grip. I shall see when we have wetter and colder weather.

Soldato
The RE050A was mediocre back in 2005 or so when they were new. Nowadays they are absolute crap. The dry weather performance and feedback they gave was good. As soon as the road became a little bit damp though, they turned into ditch finders.

Back
Top Bottom