• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unreal Engine 5 - unbelievable.

I'll say this, I still maintain that the benchmark for engine optimisation and overall quality is and should remain RED engine from Cyberpunk. I'm jumping back in every few days and compared to UE5 which looks awesome as it is, the granular detail in RED is just something UE5 has yet to show especially with up close textures, not the ground or rocks, but actual dynamic assets. Look at the level of geometry detail we have currently, yes this is a modded car in the game but the fact that this is being rendered in so detailed in realtime is really something. Path tracing would allow that in UE5, along with higher def dynamic textures. Currently I'd say UE5 looks like how iDTech games looked back in the day, or the Rage engine. they have this "look" to them and you instantly know it's UE5, with Cyberpunk it's a different story as no other game has the same look, or this level of detail.

I think Callisto Protocol came close, but that is a linear corridor game world as opposed to a vast open world city with loads of stuff going on.

Look at this:

L4ca6C7.gif

tDrgBDX.jpeg

WwqI1M3.jpeg

So yeah, I am all for the pros of UE5, and appreciate that it is the future, but there's some time before it beats RED engine IMO. RED isn't perfect as we've seen, but when the day/night cycle hits right, man it hits.

Last edited:
I’ve cleaned up the video from earlier. Nobody wants to see a stuttery mess. Bit of flicker at the start of the video, can be ignored. :p

Will try to also add a permanent link for the precompiled demo at the video page. Perhaps a little later if I can.

Last edited:
Overhyped LIES as allways - it sadly seems to be. But thats nothing new. Seems to be the norm like forever. New Engine and games will look like this yada yada. And years later, even before a new shiny engine comes out; we Never get games to look that good!
Since Fortnite can be a stuttery mess, I guess some don't-really-care can be applied to Epic and UE5.

OTOH, Half life 2 ran pretty well while Vampires: Bloodlines was a mess. Both on Source engine.

So there's also the aspect of beening a capable studio and have the desire to deliver a proper product.

Last edited:
I'll say this, I still maintain that the benchmark for engine optimisation and overall quality is and should remain RED engine from Cyberpunk. I'm jumping back in every few days and compared to UE5 which looks awesome as it is, the granular detail in RED is just something UE5 has yet to show especially with up close textures, not the ground or rocks, but actual dynamic assets. Look at the level of geometry detail we have currently, yes this is a modded car in the game but the fact that this is being rendered in so detailed in realtime is really something. Path tracing would allow that in UE5, along with higher def dynamic textures. Currently I'd say UE5 looks like how iDTech games looked back in the day, or the Rage engine. they have this "look" to them and you instantly know it's UE5, with Cyberpunk it's a different story as no other game has the same look, or this level of detail.

I think Callisto Protocol came close, but that is a linear corridor game world as opposed to a vast open world city with loads of stuff going on.

Look at this:

L4ca6C7.gif

tDrgBDX.jpeg

WwqI1M3.jpeg

So yeah, I am all for the pros of UE5, and appreciate that it is the future, but there's some time before it beats RED engine IMO. RED isn't perfect as we've seen, but when the day/night cycle hits right, man it hits.

To me it seems path tracing is pulling out some nice details, much better than regular raster does, but it may be placebo :p

Looking at the Rivian demo below though... looks mighty impressive and and with newer improvements, a game with with that much attention to details for its vehicles, in an open world scenario like CB or GTA... darn good! :D

Last edited:
Yeah can you imagine GTA 6 on PC with path tracing? Actually we will have Cyberpunk Orion anyway path traced so we just have to wait, will be out on PC before GTA6 is anyway haha.

Please do. Want to try. Thanks.

I'm uploading it shortly to my host just for this forum, will post up the link soon as 7zip finishes as I deleted the downloaded 7z file :o Using max compression too so maybe the filesize is a bit smaller I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah can you imagine GTA 6 on PC with path tracing? Actually we will have Cyberpunk Orion anyway path traced so we just have to wait, will be out on PC before GTA6 is anyway haha.

I'm uploading it shortly to my host just for this forum, will post up the link soon as 7zip finishes as I deleted the downloaded 7z file :o Using max compression too so maybe the filesize is a bit smaller I guess.

Cool. I have the old one. Worth grabbing this one. Will try it out once I get my next gpu :)

To me it seems path tracing is pulling out some nice details, much better than regular raster does, but it may be placebo :p

Looking at the Rivian demo below though... looks mighty impressive and and with newer improvements, a game with with that much attention to details for its vehicles, in an open world scenario like CB or GTA... darn good! :D

As I said before - it's a demo, and sadly we never seems to get close - atlease with those darn UE!

Still looks stuttery
Capturing gameplay on a not yet finished project isn’t the same as taking a bunch of photos with a tripod and sticking them next to each other. Frame pacing is key, and that requires a huge amount of processing power in an already multifaceted and simulated real-time environment.

Interestingly, as Kelt said, you really have to consider some of the other videos on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom