Upgrade for gaming - rebuild or new system?

Soldato
Its done!! I have purchased it with the retail cpu thats due out on the 23rd. There building it for 60pounds which is good. He said he wouldn't overclock the new cpu but he said it would be good enough.

I just want to thank everyone for helping and taking the time to give help and advice on this!! cheers guys and all the best.

Wow, I have been following this thread and thinking about ordering the same spec that you have. I didn't know that overclockers would build the machine as well for a moderate fee. Did you just ring them up.

Thanks

Associate
OP
hey Mana,

Yes I followed Leeuk's instruction's on were to post and how to make the basket. Then posted the basket in the customers service thread (the link is on the previous page) and within a few hours the customer service chap answered the overclocking question and a few other I had; he give me a reference number and a telephone number. I rang them got through straight away and after giving them the reference number then put me through to the person that gave me the quote and we discussed a few things and that was it. He knocked the delivery charge off because the CPU isn't out for a few weeks and everyone I spoke to was very helpful and nice.

The headset are promotional from the companies so they won't knock anything off. no a big drama.

He said he wouldn't overclock the new cpu because its new. I think they didn't really want the liability of doing it straight away, because it a new model; like maybe it would void the warranty or they just wanted to test it on a few first but I could be wrong.

the overall cost was £1632.84.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the link to the shopping cart app. Quick question about this setup. Will it be able to cope with Ultra settings on FPS and MMORPGS e.g. World of Warcraft and Wildstar at a res of 2560x1440.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom