Upgrading gaming machine

Associate
OP
hi,

Quick question , shipment is scheduled for this week. However was just reading up on free sysnc etc and whats needed to enable it. I need a data port cable to get use of this, will the screen come with one or will I need to buy one separate ?

Soldato
Associate
OP
thank you , it has just arrived so will checl for both cables.

Have unboxed the pc and they have sent the package for motherboard and graphics card, both have cables in them , are these spare ? or do i need be hooking these up

Associate
What do you mean the package? They have sent you the boxes?

Yeah there's usually a lot of spares with a new build. I only ever use a hdmi cable personally, so just keep any extra hdmi cables, dvi cables or display ports as spares. As orbital has mentioned, check if your parts support freesync over hdmi.
That's likely to be the easiest option.

Or use a displaport if they gave you one and your monitor and gpu support it. Your video out will be from the gpu so won't need any signal cables plugged into the mono.
Just USB for mouse and keyboard probably?

Associate
OP
What do you mean the package? They have sent you the boxes?

Yeah there's usually a lot of spares with a new build. I only ever use a hdmi cable personally, so just keep any extra hdmi cables, dvi cables or display ports as spares. As orbital has mentioned, check if your parts support freesync over hdmi.
That's likely to be the easiest option.

Or use a displaport if they gave you one and your monitor and gpu support it. Your video out will be from the gpu so won't need any signal cables plugged into the mono.
Just USB for mouse and keyboard probably?

it cam with the original packaging for the motherboard and gpu, looks to jsut be spart pats and warranty manuals etc - even manuals for psu etc was jsut worried when i was left with a few cables is all.

Opened the monitor and look to have got both display port cable and 2x hdmi cables

Associate
OP
Hmm, not sure if here or to ring Overclockers is best place.

When I start a game it runs smoothly for a few mins , then the screen goes blank and the fan is extremely Noisey then it just shuts down.

Any suggestions

Soldato
Well, you should definitely ring them or post in the Customer Service forum to let them know rightaway. But can also check this thread for suggestions. To begin with, I'd try re-inserting the GPU, and unplugging its power cables and plugging back in again. Could be some loose connection somewhere. Update graphics driver too.

Associate
OP
I downloaded
Well, you should definitely ring them or post in the Customer Service forum to let them know rightaway. But can also check this thread for suggestions. To begin with, I'd try re-inserting the GPU, and unplugging its power cables and plugging back in again. Could be some loose connection somewhere. Update graphics driver too.

I downloaded the gpu latest up date 19.1.2 or something to that effect.

I’ll ring them in the morning about it also and will try to make sure everything is connected correctly.

Previously during the build they mentioned the psu was faulty so they changed it , no am wondering if it was something else that was faulty also.

Back
Top Bottom