Upgrading gaming machine

Man of Honour
Hmm, not sure if here or to ring Overclockers is best place.

When I start a game it runs smoothly for a few mins , then the screen goes blank and the fan is extremely Noisey then it just shuts down.

Any suggestions
Sounds like something overheating with a heatsink not properly seated

Associate
OP
Thanks guys , I’ll be out tonight so won’t get to take a look at your suggestions. Will do tomorrow morning and let you know if I see anything myself. Then I’ll give those a call.

Frustrating as paid the extra to get it built by them to avoid this

Associate
OP
Tried a few of you suggestions...

Checked RAM /CPU etc all plugged in correctly + change the setting as per the above video by Orbital. However after gaming at high settings for about an hour or so it crashed again. So have sent them a webnote explaining all this.

Worried about playing on it now as dont want to do further damage if its not cooling cpu/gpu correctly as mentioned above.

have dropped them a webnote to let them know the issues im facing, has happened 3/4 times when I was gaming.

Soldato
Tried a few of you suggestions...

Checked RAM /CPU etc all plugged in correctly + change the setting as per the above video by Orbital. However after gaming at high settings for about an hour or so it crashed again. So have sent them a webnote explaining all this.

Worried about playing on it now as dont want to do further damage if its not cooling cpu/gpu correctly as mentioned above.

have dropped them a webnote to let them know the issues im facing, has happened 3/4 times when I was gaming.

GPU should be fine if it dies, you've got reps to help out RMA if needs be .

what was temps of CPU and GPU when running games ?

if your able to install Unigine Valley and leave it running on a loop, should get the GPU running 100% - monitor temps and have a look , as well as seeing how long till it crashes.

was MSI B450 and vulcan 3000hz ram right ?

Associate
OP
GPU should be fine if it dies, you've got reps to help out RMA if needs be .

what was temps of CPU and GPU when running games ?

if your able to install Unigine Valley and leave it running on a loop, should get the GPU running 100% - monitor temps and have a look , as well as seeing how long till it crashes.

I’ll install that this evening to see if it crashes again , and I’ll send over the stats.

was MSI B450 and vulcan 3000hz ram right ?
yeah that’s what I got.

Associate
OP
I ran the unigine benchmark and this is what i got, is there a way to keep in running in the background to monitor the gpu/cpu?

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System
Platform:
Windows 8 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (3699MHz) x4
GPU model:
Radeon RX Vega 25.20.15015.1002 (4095MB) x1
Settings
Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
2560x1440 fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
High

also the gpu i ordered was the Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 64 WindForce OC 8GB , does it make a difference here it looks like its 4gb ?

Associate
OP
Ah okay that makes sense. Have uninstalled the latest graphics card update as it was classed as “optional” and installed the recommended update.

It didn’t crash on me last night while playing however was on for a shorter period of time.

That unigine software , is there a way to rjn in it the background to monitor the tempatures ? Couldn’t see it myself.

Thanks again for the replies , nothing back from Overclockers yet and sent them a web note on Monday.

Soldato
Ah okay that makes sense. Have uninstalled the latest graphics card update as it was classed as “optional” and installed the recommended update.

It didn’t crash on me last night while playing however was on for a shorter period of time.

That unigine software , is there a way to rjn in it the background to monitor the tempatures ? Couldn’t see it myself.

Thanks again for the replies , nothing back from Overclockers yet and sent them a web note on Monday.

i run it in window mode :) 720p

Associate
OP
Thanks for all your help, spoke to the guy on phone and he said was best just to send back and they will check it all out, so will be posting it back tomorrow and then need to wait a few days again. But its better to get it fixed for the long run...

Back
Top Bottom