Upgrading gaming pc advice!

So I nipped home at lunch and tried to get it up and running on the msi afterburner but tbh not sure how to use the afterburner software! But looked on YouTube at the frame rate comparison and its because my game is stuck in 30fps as to why its not smooth! But there's no option for me in game to increase frame rate, even if I lower resolution. Either must be the monitor or im doing something wrong??? Apologies in advance, I know it must be frustrating trying to help someone who is clueless haha
It’s because you’re running the monitor via HDMI. That limits the refresh rate to 30Hz. Connect via a DisplayPort cable and you should get more FPS.

So I nipped home at lunch and tried to get it up and running on the msi afterburner but tbh not sure how to use the afterburner software! But looked on YouTube at the frame rate comparison and its because my game is stuck in 30fps as to why its not smooth! But there's no option for me in game to increase frame rate, even if I lower resolution. Either must be the monitor or im doing something wrong??? Apologies in advance, I know it must be frustrating trying to help someone who is clueless haha

have you made sure you have a decent HDMI cable as some will only do 30fps at 4K.
This would be why. Just pick up a decent DP cable.

Thank you all! I've ordered a dp with good reviews on amazon, was only 7 quid tho, dont know if that's too cheap to be good haha ill let you know how I get on

Install Download RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server.
It is little program.
It has nice overlay, and shows GPU cpu %
And frame rates while gaming.
Temps and so on.
It is must have while troubleshooting gaming performance, fps, temp, and loads.

Back
Top Bottom