US ELECTION RESULTS THREAD...

Permabanned
Lets post news here.

The polls have just opened in Vermont, North East US.

Personally I want Obama to win. Judging by the OcUK poll so do most of you.

Here is a timetable of events taken from Sky News:

0000 GMT: Voting ends in the first batch of states. Both candidates will notch up early victories. Kentucky and South Carolina are safe for McCain and will probably be "called" as soon as the polls close.

McCain should bag Georgia as well unless it's an Obama landslide. Vermont is rock solid for Obama. But it's the key states of Virginia and Indiana which will give the first indication of how things are really going.

In the past two elections they voted for Bush. If Obama can pick these off (and the polls suggest they are up for grabs) it will be a strong start.

0030 GMT: Ohio closes, one of the most sought after prizes. In 2004 it was a narrow victory here that returned George W Bush to the White House, but only after an eight-hour wait.

McCain is desperate to hang on in one of Obama's most important target states.

0100 GMT: Results from a slew of solid Democrat states along the East Coast should pile up the electoral college votes for Obama - but watch out for Pennsylvania and New Hampshire, Democratic states where McCain has campaigned strongly.

If either of these goes Republican, it could be a tough night for Obama. But the biggest prize this hour is Florida, the state on which everything hinged in 2000. It could go down to the wire again in the Sunshine State.

0130 GMT: North Carolina last voted Democrat in a Presidential election in 1976 but polls suggest this time it's close. If Obama pulls off a win, it'll point to a great night ahead for him.

0200 GMT: A clutch of swing states from the West, including Colorado and New Mexico. Obama's been putting a lot of effort into this traditionally Republican part of the country. This hour we'll learn whether his strategy has worked.

0300 GMT: Nevada, and Iowa, both won by Bush last time round and both on Obama's target list.

0400 GMT: Voting ends in California. This is solid for Obama but neither candidate will concede defeat or claim victory until voting ends in America's most populous state.

0600 GMT: Alaska, last to close and home of Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin. No doubt about a Republican victory here - but by this time if there's a clear winner elsewhere in the country, the result will be academic.

But that's a big if. In 2004 we couldn't be certain of the winner until all the votes in Ohio were counted; in 2000, the result of the disputed Florida count took more than a month and the US Supreme Court to resolve. Be prepared for a long night.

Decision Time USA: The Results begins at 2300 GMT on Tuesday 4th November with Jeremy Thompson live from New York. Watch it on Sky News television and online.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Not quite, the results will start coming in from about midnight so we should know by breakfast.

Soldato
I traveled into the future, Obama wins and is promptly assassinated by a lizard man standing on a gassy troll while another man distracts the crowd by using a book suppository.

You heard it here first!

Caporegime
I traveled into the future, Obama wins and is promptly assassinated by a lizard man standing on a gassy troll while another man distracts the crowd by using a book suppository.

You heard it here first!

Can you tell me more about this grassy troll that the lizard man is standing on? Is the troll his slave?

Soldato

You heard it here first!

Sounds painful! :eek:

Tbh, if i saw a man publicly trying to shove a book up his arse, I'd be distracted. It'd be awful, yet I wouldn't be able to look away. Besides, I'd have to post the video on Youtube.

Soldato
Can you tell me more about this grassy troll that the lizard man is standing on? Is the troll his slave?
no just a friend lending a hand, lizards are notoriously short so he needed something to stand on. A troll may not have been the best choice being rather lacking in stature themselves but it was the best the lizard could get at short notice (unintentional joke). I believe the troll's name was Gordon if that helps.

edit: and he was gassy not grassy, a grassy troll would be absurd! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
no just a friend lending a hand, lizards are notoriously short so he needed something to stand on. A troll may not have been the best choice being rather lacking in stature themselves but it was the best the lizard could get at short notice. I believe the troll's name was Gordon if that helps.

It does it earns me an extra £10,000, Thank you Julie Moult!

I really don't know where I'm going with this Daily Mail thing. *ducks back into shadows*

Back
Top Bottom