US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Caporegime
Watching Russia today is so funny its so Anti American they had a supposed expert on saying Iran would win any war of attrition lol cause they would.

Well they will if they don't completely destroy Iran's establishment, Iran's power is not in Iran either, it's not a simple conflict, as it's the same conflict that's been raging for several decades and the US hasn't won anything in that time other than body bags.

Associate
Makes sense, Iran needs to be seen to be doing something on the world stage, they can't be mugged off like that and not do anything, it'll show weakness. It just depends whether its enough for the people of Iran, if the reports are true that he was a proper hero for them. I suppose this is the benefit of propaganda and Iranian state TV, Iran can just say they've killed 80, 40, 10 troops, whatever..and it doesn't matter, the population will never know..
Watched a BBC programme about the Iranian General it was a repeat from last year im surprised the Americans waited so long to take him out he was the mastermind of a lot of trouble in the region.

TJM

TJM

Associate
It was sarcasm, but the point still stands. List all the high profile Western funerals where people have been crushed in a stampede. I'll wait.
Why a funeral? The behaviour of massive and mobile crowds isn't dependent on the cause of the social occasion. There have been examples of crowd crushes involving Westerners that weren't sparked by a real or perceived threat to life: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_stampedes_and_crushes

And I missed the sarcasm as the same view was expressed by people who weren't being sarcastic on previous pages. There are people on these forums who think the Hillsborough victims were responsible for their own deaths just because they were in the crowd that killed them.

Soldato
If they have launched them for combat operations probably more likely suicidal air to ground attacks rather than to engage the USAF.

Does sound quite likely.

Makes sense, Iran needs to be seen to be doing something on the world stage, they can't be mugged off like that and not do anything, it'll show weakness. It just depends whether its enough for the people of Iran, if the reports are true that he was a proper hero for them. I suppose this is the benefit of propaganda and Iranian state TV, Iran can just say they've killed 80, 40, 10 troops, whatever number..and it doesn't matter, the population will never know..

This is the chap. His feed is worth following.

https://twitter.com/MPPregent

"Former Intelligence Officer | Telling Decision-makers What They Need To Know - Not What They Want To Hear | Veteran of 3 Wars | Sr Fellow | H-Minus | El Pasoan"

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched a BBC programme about the Iranian General it was a repeat from last year im surprised the Americans waited so long to take him out he was the mastermind of a lot of trouble in the region.

No doubt, he was obviously a very shrewd operator..

This is the chap. His feed is worth following.

https://twitter.com/MPPregent

"Former Intelligence Officer | Telling Decision-makers What They Need To Know - Not What They Want To Hear | Veteran of 3 Wars | Sr Fellow | H-Minus | El Pasoan"

Thanks

News in a couple of ME countries claiming 4 US and around 30 Iraqis killed.

If Iran does end up killing Iraqis, i wonder what that does to the power dynamic between Iraq and Iran.

Caporegime
No doubt, he was obviously a very shrewd operator..

Thanks

If Iran does end up killing Iraqis, i wonder what that does to the power dynamic between Iraq and Iran.

Nothing as they control Iraq for now and Iraq is majority Shia. The West (and Iran) have more or less eviscerated any Sunni resistance from 2003 until ISIS. Though I don't currently know how much of the Iraqi military is under Iran's control, I suspect Iran's influence there to be significant.

Man of Honour
Not really???? As if the US isn't going to respond to this.

Hard to say at the moment but looks like the damage has mostly been inflicted on the Iraqis rather than US intentionally or unintentionally which is less of a trigger point than if US forces had been killed.

Soldato
mpp.jpg

Caporegime
Hard to say at the moment but looks like the damage has mostly been inflicted on the Iraqis rather than US intentionally or unintentionally which is less of a trigger point than if US forces had been killed.

Doesn't really matter - Trump stated he'd launch attacks against 52 targets if they attacked.... they've attacked. Can't see him suddenly coming out and being like: "actually only some Iraqis died this time so it's all cool guys, we'll leave them alone now".

I think he's going to do what he said he would do...

Associate
Why a funeral? The behaviour of massive and mobile crowds isn't dependent on the cause of the social occasion. There have been examples of crowd crushes involving Westerners that weren't sparked by a real or perceived threat to life: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_stampedes_and_crushes

And I missed the sarcasm as the same view was expressed by people who weren't being sarcastic on previous pages. There are people on these forums who think the Hillsborough victims were responsible for their own deaths just because they were in the crowd that killed them.

Why mention Hillsborough?

You literally linked to human stampedes and the ones that are the most significant are the no one remembers or even cares about. 1400+ people on Pilgrimage in mecca and twice after more at Jamarat Bridge.

50+ people died at someones funeral western/eastern who gives a flying **** because that's some ******** right there.

The real **** is that people using tragedies near them to try and make a point that doesn't exist because they really don't care about anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom