Using an ODB2 tool to diagnose an engine check light? (Ford Fiesta)

Associate
Yesterday an orange 'engine' light came on my automatic 2007 Ford Fiesta (think it's a Mk 6.5?). I managed to get into the test menu but it showed no error code. I did a bit of a google and some people have suggested buying an ODB2 tool that hooks to the engine/car somewhere and will then give me a diagnostic code as to the cause of the yellow engine light.

Haven't noticed any issues with driving the car, except maybe that, whereas it would always tend to 'roll forward' whilst idling on flat ground with the brake off (as automatic cars do), it's not been doing that lately....

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it a pretty simple thing? I've found some diagnostic tools online that transmit the error codes to your phone via Bluetooth...do they work with any standard iPhone?

Associate
OP
Thanks; looks like that (and all models like it) are Android/Windows phone (!!) only:

Operation system supports: for Android Smartphones, for Symbian, for Microsoft (mobile phone, tablet), most computer system (except for Apple system), and all these device must have Bluetooth function.

Will keep looking for an iPhone compatible.....

Back
Top Bottom