UT3

Soldato
just been playing this for the first time in ages and I only picked up in xmas sale. Why did this never catch on at release ?

seems quite a good fps if you like the fast twitchy shooter.

Associate
Because it was significantly different to its predecessors which the majority didn't like, including me and I loved the UT series!

Associate
I enjoyed ut2004 because the amount of mods and maps available. When UT3 came out, my pc could not play it, thus i couldn't enjoy it as much. It looked good, and had the gameplay but it for me it lacked the community compared to ut2004 which i still play now and then

Soldato
It had a **** poor launch due to it barely getting any promotion, being buggy as hell and having lots of rubbish standard maps.

Shame really as the core gameplay was awesome, still enjoy the odd blast :)

Soldato
I thought UT3 was ok, the styling seemed a bit Gears of War-y though and the weapons just felt awkward to use.

Soldato
It came with a console-orientated UI that was a pain to use on the PC. Felt like a slap in the face to PC gamers who were the real fans of the series. They later updated the UI for the PC, but it was a case of too little too late.

The biggest UT community map site (Nalicity) went down prior to the game's launch and never came back online, it was a huge blow to the modding community, and thus, mods and maps for UT3 were few and far between.

The gameplay was slow and clunky compared to previous games in the series, putting off many players, and ensuring it would never be a viable esports platform unlike it's predecessors.

Disappointing story that took away the tournament aspect and feel of the game. It was trying too hard to be like the other FPSes at the time.

Top Bottom