Valorant

Associate
Yeah :/. I guess they want to give the general pop a chance to get familiar with the game first. And also maybe give them time to iron out any game breaking bugs/ban the first waves of cheaters.
I think its good idea, its only gonna put new players off who are getting completely owned by Iron 1's who played beta. Way more strat than CS at lower ranks.

Man of Honour
Anybody here playing in UW 3440x1440? Previously on the closed beta I could get it to work by messing around with the options enough until eventually I could get some resemblance of full screen but now nothing I do can get this game working without black borders. Literally every game I play hates this res so what is the point in it? I wouldn't mind but both mine and my wifes machines are at 34" 3440x1440 and I have nothing but issues with the res :(

You literally pay all that money for a lovely monitor and nothing supports it.

Associate
really enjoying this game! bit of a surprise I thought I'd hate it, runs crazy well like 300+fps too so silky smooth reaction stuff

Man of Honour
Anybody here playing in UW 3440x1440? Previously on the closed beta I could get it to work by messing around with the options enough until eventually I could get some resemblance of full screen but now nothing I do can get this game working without black borders. Literally every game I play hates this res so what is the point in it? I wouldn't mind but both mine and my wifes machines are at 34" 3440x1440 and I have nothing but issues with the res :(

You literally pay all that money for a lovely monitor and nothing supports it.

As much as I love my 21:9 monitor it mostly sits alongside my main (16:9) monitor for the stuff that works well with it and definitely 2nd or 3rd place in terms of usage it gets :(

Man of Honour
As much as I love my 21:9 monitor it mostly sits alongside my main (16:9) monitor for the stuff that works well with it and definitely 2nd or 3rd place in terms of usage it gets :(

Its a really poor showing in my opinion. The pair of monitors cost me nearly 2k and they are nothing but a pain when it comes to games. Work wise they are wonderful 120hz massive real estate, what isnt to like?

Honestly before these I ran 4k and the experience in terms of games and just generally not having to fight the resolution etc was miles ahead. To be honest every game I have tried ran better at 4k with the exception of pubg but then even at 4k i was still getting in excess of 100 frames with decent settings, ultra draw distance etc.

Its about time devs stopped being lazy and catered to not just the lowest common denominator. The list of games with issues at the res is literally endless. Csgo for example supports the res but try playing the game at that res, there is something wrong with the engine that causes massive frame and server variance at 3440x1440 that isnt there at literally any other resolution. Even crazy 4k eyefinity resolutions.

I would bet money that of my 300 game steam library there are probably 70 to 80% that have issues at the 3440x1440 UW res.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The new character is so strong in unrated play, can literally just run through the enemy team.

I'm sure in ranked and competitive play she won't be so effective, but right now I think she'll get a slight nerf. Maybe only overheal 25 and less quickly, maybe easier to destroy the flash.

Soldato
I was going to have a play now that the game is out but omg its anti cheat system is trash.
Looks like its going to block heaps of my software from running, yeah not doing that you can go jump off a cliff riot

Soldato
I haven't had any problems with the anti-cheat software.

I'm really enjoying this game I just so inconsistent with it. Sometimes I'll be top of the table, sometimes I'm lucky to get a few kills. That's not a Valorant problem though, that's a me problem. :p

Man of Honour
I was going to have a play now that the game is out but omg its anti cheat system is trash.
Looks like its going to block heaps of my software from running, yeah not doing that you can go jump off a cliff riot

Exactly as I said it would be :s the cheat authors just have too much talent and resources to hand and will stay a step ahead.

But yeah having 20 odd years of experience with this both as a gamer and programmer I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom