*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Honest buyer straight away. Came from London about 80 miles. Demand is definitely there. I don't always take the highest offer, just wanted a smooth transaction. I sold it for 1300, seemed I could have got more but o well.
How much was your eBay fees? Must have been a silly amount :cry:

Don't really care about scalping on anything tbh. But the hilarity of some on here claiming this device was the second coming and they would use it all the time...when in fact its exactly as expected.

A device that will sit in a cupboard for most of the year asides from a week of initial demoing and holidays.

I paid even more for my luxury device (aya neo pro) to also have it sat in a cupboard doing nothing.
I loved it and had a lot of fun playing with it, but I found some games the low resolution got in the way.

For me the device was always going to be something that would be there for when I fancied to play old classics and indie games that worked very well in handheld form factor. I am just happy the device exists and will keep getting better. I had a blast testing it out and happy to sell it on now for treble the price and just wait for Steam Deck 2 or pick up another Steam Deck if I fancy down the line. Win win :)

Associate
Don't really care about scalping on anything tbh. But the hilarity of some on here claiming this device was the second coming and they would use it all the time...when in fact its exactly as expected.

A device that will sit in a cupboard for most of the year asides from a week of initial demoing and holidays.

I paid even more for my luxury device (aya neo pro) to also have it sat in a cupboard doing nothing.

I loved it and had a lot of fun playing with it, but I found some games the low resolution got in the way.

For me the device was always going to be something that would be there for when I fancied to play old classics and indie games that worked very well in handheld form factor. I am just happy the device exists and will keep getting better. I had a blast testing it out and happy to sell it on now for treble the price and just wait for Steam Deck 2 or pick up another Steam Deck if I fancy down the line. Win win :)

Zero fees :p

Associate

Well you are the one neo..

Associate

I did this after selling mine.. create another account and preorder one for £4. If you don't want it you don't have to buy it, just have the option later in the year :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Only shiny brand new £50 notes haha.

I was a bit concerned as I hadn't seen one, went to the cashier and got one looked at and changed haha
Where did you meet? Near a bank?

How did it all work out with payment? I mean did he initially pay on eBay and then you guys cancelled that?

Associate

Supermarket cafe, first tried to buy a coffee, wouldn't accept. Then picked up a jar of pesto went to self service, self service rejected, then went to customer service and they used the pen and changed it. All whilst he was there haha.

Just hadn't seen one before, so just wanted to be certain but if you look online at the security features of them, it's pretty high. Always ask for the new style notes.. no old £20s etc.

Associate

How did it all work out with payment? I mean did he initially pay on eBay and then you guys cancelled that?

Nope cash on collection only, no PayPal. Just give your phone number and talk outside of ebay. I then sent photos on WhatsApp. State on the page its cash on collection only, even though technically you have to accept PayPal on ebay I would just cancel the transaction as its too high risk.

Associate

For any high value items I usually go with my GF, and she counts the money in the car and once counted we pass it from the car to them. I'm outside of the car. Never had an issue.

Associate
Cool. Might give that a go :)

Yeah.. and you know for certain, once you have the cash, there is no way of them getting the money back which they can on paypal after 6 months later..... Don't even have to give your name, address or anything.

I do give the receipt to them though, but I remove my address, username, name etc. Just give the order number. That way they are covered if it's DOA.

Associate
16 Jul, 2021 @ 6:06pm BST (Straight from the email)
so three weeks after its officially launched and they are still just afew minutes after pre orders started doesn't give me confidence i'll be seeing one until much much later this year

they did say production would increase to hundreds of thousands by april but i wouldn't be surprised if that is delayed now

Back
Top Bottom