Valve announces the SteamDeck

Soldato
i ordered like an hour after the release because i spent an hour trying to bloody put the steam deck in my basket to purchase that day and i stil ain’t got an email saying i can now buy the thing…
you're probably 1-2 months away from it.. It's been moving at best by 2 minutes or so on Monday and Thursday. Some monday we saw like 20-25 seconds of orders shipped. So it'll take a while before it reaches one hour, it's on 22 mins now. So orders placed before 1822. That is the 512, 256 is similar and 64 moves a bit faster but still nothing compared to say EU shipments.

Soldato
you're probably 1-2 months away from it.. It's been moving at best by 2 minutes or so on Monday and Thursday. Some monday we saw like 20-25 seconds of orders shipped. So it'll take a while before it reaches one hour, it's on 22 mins now. So orders placed before 1822. That is the 512, 256 is similar and 64 moves a bit faster but still nothing compared to say EU shipments.
Yea i got the 512gb version

Associate
So does any 2230 SSD work? I've seen one with 1 slit and another with 2 slits on the pins.
I've not looked into it enough to be certain, but I think that it also needs to be one sided. So like can only have memory modules on the top side of the pcb. But yeah, I think it can handle both sata and nvme connection

Associate
Is the steam deck worth getting at a higher price??

I stupidly didn't pre order but can get a new sealed 64gb deck for £640.

I only have a series x and really want to play some pc games on steam store etc but it's either pay £350 in likely November onwards or pay the £640 and get the deck by the weekend

Would you guys say to wait or knowing what you know now pay the extra for sooner??

No. People who pay scalpers are a big part of the problem. This isn't some life necessity, wait and stop lining scalpers pockets.

Associate
Not sure how reliable timestamp the reservation email is for when I originally pre ordered my 256gb steam deck last year, but it says 18.50 (UK time) so I can only really go off that. I received my preorder confirmation email last Thursday, paid same day and the deck was delivered today by Parcelforce.

First impressions are good. Mine doesn't seem to have the coil whine sound under load which is good.

I own the original Nintendo Switch which it absolutely dwarves over in terms of size, make no mistake the deck is a bit of a unit! Weight wise the deck feels around a third heavier but after an hour of play I can't say I really noticed. What I would highlight is anyone moving from a switch lite to this will feel much more of a difference.

Just thought I would update for those of you who are patiently waiting (My fiance is one of you so naturally this one will likely become hers anyway!)

4play

Caporegime
No. People who pay scalpers are a big part of the problem. This isn't some life necessity, wait and stop lining scalpers pockets.

I understand what you're saying and agree.
But there's no competition at the price point of the Steam deck.

Someone who orders now really has no idea when they'll get it, it certainly doesn't sound like it'll be this year.

Man of Honour
Had a look at their ”compatibility list” surprised to see only about 8 of my titles listed as “Deck Verified“ and 3 of those are Half Life 2, HL2 Lost Coast & HL2 Episode 2….

Still Snooker ‘19 is there so that’ll fill plenty of hours….

Loads of stuff I thought would be ok on it like GTA, Assassins Creed, etc but maybe just control issues I guess.

Soldato
Had a look at their ”compatibility list” surprised to see only about 8 of my titles listed as “Deck Verified“ and 3 of those are Half Life 2, HL2 Lost Coast & HL2 Episode 2….

Still Snooker ‘19 is there so that’ll fill plenty of hours….

Loads of stuff I thought would be ok on it like GTA, Assassins Creed, etc but maybe just control issues I guess.
There’s loads of titles that aren’t verified that work, just go on YouTube and search for the game(s) you’re after and there’s already loads. For instance I believe GTA works really well on it.

Soldato
64 GB eMMC (PCIe Gen 2 x1)
256 GB NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4 or PCIe Gen 3 x2*)
512 GB high-speed NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4 or PCIe Gen 3 x2*)

So the base model has a different SSD connector?

Back
Top Bottom