Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
I feel like I'm in the same situation with this as I was when the 3080 launched.

I would absolutely buy one if I could get one but I just CBA sitting in a queue for one.

Oh and **** scalpers :)

Soldato
I feel like I'm in the same situation with this as I was when the 3080 launched.

I would absolutely buy one if I could get one but I just CBA sitting in a queue for one.

Oh and **** scalpers :)
I'm in the queue too but not due to be offer until after Q3. Which is a shame as was hoping to get one before my brother's birthday in July.

Associate
Thanks however I’ve decided to purchase, I’ll make my mind up whether to keep it later as I’d assume it’ll be a couple of months until it actually rocks up.
do you mind telling me back in july 16th 2021 what what time did you get your pre order confirmation ? my pre order is for a 512gb the last time i'd heard was 18,20pm but i think that was afew weeks ago now

Associate
Still waiting for mine, ordered a long time after the pre-orders though as I wasn't that interested until I saw the early demos then I was instantly sold.

Pre-ordered the 512GB model on Aug 6th 2021 and I'm I've been in the Q3 (Jul-Sep) group for a while so hopefully not long to wait to purchase in full. Really can't wait to get one as it's the gaming handheld I've always wanted.

Associate
Had a Steam Deck for about a week now and it's incredible.

Playing Days Gone,Doom,Vampire survivor and power wash simulator () atm.
All run great and the Deck has made me use my series x hardly at all lol

Associate
19 minutes worth of orders.
Lmfao.

If you order one today the device will be replaced before you get one
Valve announced they were ramping up manufacturing of the steam deck back in april i don't see any evidence that this has happened if it has its been for the eu and usa markets

valve is yet to announce when pre orders for the rest of the world will open i can't see that happening anytime soon

the launch has been cack handed from start and isn't improving

Soldato
Crack handed in what way?

Shock horror 1st gen product using experimental software was delayed by 3 months.

The queue system seems to be fine and working, one per customer and no new accounts.

You seem to take issue with every man and their dog ordering one, which isn’t a surprise since it launched during a period of insane FOMO.

I expect the attach rate is fairly high at the moment but it will soon drop.

Caporegime
Crack handed in what way?

Shock horror 1st gen product using experimental software was delayed by 3 months.

The queue system seems to be fine and working, one per customer and no new accounts.

You seem to take issue with every man and their dog ordering one, which isn’t a surprise since it launched during a period of insane FOMO.

I expect the attach rate is fairly high at the moment but it will soon drop.

I imagine the attach rate is so high because they're getting flipped at an insane level.

Caporegime
And that’s a surprise to who exactly?

That said the scalper price has dropped loads in recent weeks.

The scalper price hasn't changed at all from what I've seen?
I've looked at them for like a month and it's been exactly the same.

There's a load of scam ones on eBay too (Possibly why you think it's dropped)

I've bought a lot of new equipment, I've never really experienced this type of launch in how long the wait is (And let's face it, the after Q3 is just ambiguous nonesense).

I managed to get an RX6800 from a retailer not too long after launch and I managed to get a playstation 5 easy enough, hell I can go out and buy an Xbox X too

This is a niche product as well

Back
Top Bottom