Vaping

Soldato
Anyone else find the whole vaping phenomenon a nuisance? I appreciate it's safer than smoking but everywhere you go it's like walking through a fifties railway station. It even comes into the car if someone's vaping in the car in front. :(

Soldato
Anyone else find the whole vaping phenomenon a nuisance? I appreciate it's safer than smoking but everywhere you go it's like walking through a fifties railway station. It even comes into the car if someone's vaping in the car in front. :(
vaping comes into your car from the car in front?! what the **** are they vaping? in my experience vape smoke dissipates very very quickly and leaves next to no aroma or after effect in the air.

Caporegime
MTL (which is what I do) is fine. DTL is the one which produces vast amounts of water vapour. I saw a guy in a car in front of me the other day and every time he exhaled you couldnt see though his car anymore!!!

Thats the type which annoys me. Most of the time with MTL nobody even knows I am vaping.

Soldato
OP
vaping comes into your car from the car in front?! what the **** are they vaping? in my experience vape smoke dissipates very very quickly and leaves next to no aroma or after effect in the air.

I have a very keen sense of smell and I can smell the fruity flavours. Not a nasty smell but if I wanted my car to smell of forest fruits, I'd buy a magic tree. :p

Soldato
I can't stand the smell to be honest, but it doesn't have an overall impact on my life. What I do find funny is watching macho boys/men expressing their feminine side whilst exhaling a fruity strawberry sorbet (or whatever the 'in' flavour is) puff of smoke.

Soldato
OP
Well I wear my badge with pride then as I stopped smoking cigarettes 5 years after trying and failing for 10 years. So maybe pointless to you, made a massive difference to me and my health.

And a nuisance to everyone else.:p Only joking, well done for giving up the cigarettes.:)

Soldato
I've been vaping for years and I do agree the whole enterprise is kind of silly looking and vaguely embarassing.

However I really don't want to be smoking cigarettes. I actually gave up the whole lot but then fell back into cigarettes so I had to go back on the vape. I'm really bored of it, no interest in it hobby-wise but still just using it as a crutch. I will shake it at some point soon I think.

On the whole I think it's hugely positive though - seeing people smoke really is getting rarer and rarer which can only be a good thing in my eyes.

Commissario
MTL (which is what I do) is fine. DTL is the one which produces vast amounts of water vapour. I saw a guy in a car in front of me the other day and every time he exhaled you couldnt see though his car anymore!!!

Thats the type which annoys me. Most of the time with MTL nobody even knows I am vaping.
A friends brother does the whole huge clouds of vape thing, and both myself and my friend have noticed it's gradually causing a residue of glycol (I think it is) to form on the windows etc at his house. Nowhere near as bad as the nicotine stains you get from smoking*, but still not something you want building up on your photos, windows, TV and monitor.

He's also set the smoke alarm of a few times, from another room with his vaping to give an idea of how much of a cloud is produced.

I'd much prefer people to vape than smoke, but not a fan of the raspberry steam train look myself.

*I've said for 20+ years that if you want to stop someone from starting to smoke, get them to spend time in a room where smokers sit and point out the stains, or even better, get them to clean up a smokers computer and point out that all went into, and out of the smokers lungs so if it's made that much of a mess of the computer...

Caporegime

Yup.

Same with people who throw cigarette butts out of their car.

Oh wait, you mean you DON'T want that in your car? Because it stinks? Yeah im sure everyone else want to see your fag ends all over the floor as well!

Arrrrgh!

Caporegime
Just a rebranding of smoking, I wouldn't be surprised if it's ultimately found not to be all that much safer than conventional smoking.

Soldato
OP
Yup.

Same with people who throw cigarette butts out of their car.

Oh wait, you mean you DON'T want that in your car? Because it stinks? Yeah im sure everyone else want to see your fag ends all over the floor as well!

Arrrrgh!

I'm completely anti smoking, wouldn't even touch one let alone smoke it. I feel it's a phobia but hopefully one that has prolonged my life.

Back
Top Bottom