VARcical Decision

I can't wait for more ******** decisions to go in favour of a few clubs whilst the rest of us are fresh out of luck, can't get any worse than last season surely?

*disclaimer - it can and will be worse than last season

They’re still testing it. There’s no guarantees it’ll be in place within a few months too. Howard Webb was asked how long it would be and the interviewer questioned whether it would be before the end of the year and his reply was before the end of the season.

Why's that? Surely they've had enough time to get it sorted for the start?
Because we're the Premier League and we use Nike balls there is no chip sensor in the ball like the Adidas ones used at the international tournaments (from memory) so they have to make sure it 'works' without it - the CL and other places that currently have the offside tech don't use sensors in ball either i believe.

(but the Pl have to make sure the corruption is still alive and well for when they do implement it, so allowable tolerance will need to be added for the brown envelope brigade :p)

Why the delay in semi offsides? Are they installing “special modules” for the special clubs :D!!
It’s the ball. The Adidas ball has a sensor in it and can communicate when it’s been kicked so they can break the offside down better. The PL ball is made by Nike so they’re testing it to make sure it works properly without the sensor.

the 'new' semi automated offside tech has been delayed until after teh new year, shocker I know - guess they are having trouble slapping some code in there to benefit certain clubs :p

Back
Top Bottom