1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, Aug 14, 2017.

1. heartburnron

Wise Guy

How do I get hold of the Steam Keys for the free games Gibbo? I received confirmation my order has been shipped but no details on how to claim the game keys...

2. pig666eon

Associate

will the 550gbp pre order listing end up being 450? or is that the price now?

3. tyler_jrb

Mobster

That's the price now. It was £450.

4. Rock_n_Roll

Gangster

Yep, i built a Skylake system 18 month ago. I don't plan on upgrading anything until 2020/2021 (TV, GPU, etc). I'll evaluate how the PC market is then decide if i want to stick with it or go back to consoles.

GPU prices are a joke. Worse when you see that there is so much parity now between PC and consoles, with the PC version just getting a higher frame rate in games and not much else. It feels like a waste buying an expensive GPU when the games aren't even taking advantage of it. The days when devs would maximise a PC title that couldn't be done on consoles are long gone.

It's all to do with parity now.

5. Vargas

Mobster

6. pig666eon

Associate

what a joke.... by the time i was putting in my card details it was sold out, **** that that why would anyone buy one for that price...

7. pig666eon

Associate

8. no_1_dave

Soldato

If you always wait you'll never end up buying

9. beany_bot

Wise Guy

That doesnt really make sense. Volta will likely see a "2080" release that is the same speed as a 1080Ti and the same price cira £650. So basically you will be getting the same performance for the same money. Why wait? Exactly that happened when the 1080 released. You could buy a 980TI for the same money and similar performance.

10. FoxEye

Capodecina

Damn, the way things are atm many of us would bite your hand off if you offered us a 1070 new for £300. :p

A couple years ago I would have thought, "Hmm, that's a bit more than I'm willing to spend." Now I'm thinking, "If only a good mid-range card could be had as cheap as £300"!!!!!

Mission accomplished, I guess. All our expectations have been drastically changed.

11. Vargas

Mobster

Exactly. Nvidia don't need to rush Volta either.

12. FoxEye

Capodecina

Could be 12 months away for all we know.

13. Vargas

Mobster

More than likely.

14. Acesbomb

Associate

Would like to thank you guys for looking after the gamers with that launch price of £449.

Not a miner, was speed reading reviews whilst waiting for overclockers to update the site.

15. awaybreaktoday

Mobster

NVidia have no reason to rush and bring it out now.....

16. Gibbo

Commissario

If you paid £449 you do not get games, that was crystal clear.

If you paid higher price then they shall come via email in your web account.

17. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

i saw a post on another web site, someone apparently bought 100 pcs from ocuk

different ips perhaps?

i think more like lying out of his nose

18. ljt

Wise Guy

Well I waited patiently, bought a nice freesync ultrawide monitor just 3 months ago in anticipation.

Finally saw that they wanted £450 for a crappy blower cooler Vega 64 which just about trades blows with a 1080FE, and a whopping £640 for a AIO version that costs the same as a 1080Ti but is about 30-40% slower.

After I stopped laughing, I composed myself and decided to give up on PC gaming for the foreseeable future and go console. I will cut my losses and try to sell the ultrawide monitor and recoup some of the money I spent on it I think. I'll go back to a lower resolution 16:9 so I can at least use my current PC to finish the games I have left.

19. Lustral

Wise Guy

Gibbo , how can i/we confirm that my/our order for one went through correctly ?

I placed and completed the order for a Sapphire Limited Edition at 14:19 and got the email saying order received.

Fingers Crossed that i have a new car on my desk tomorrow at some point.

20. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

if its a V8, you will need a bigger desk :D