Vega's *Heavyweight* display and computer; edition 2012

Associate
What complete computer gaming system could literally weigh half of a ton (not including the liquid)?

The build log commences...

7897.jpg

+

576.jpg

+

897.jpg

+

SANY0001-14.jpg

+

111.jpg

+

2453.jpg

= ?

Setups of past:

SANY0001.jpg

SANY00043.jpg

SANY0008-3.jpg

SANY0001-7.jpg

3xSamsungOwl1.jpg

SANY00062.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/CallsignVega/videos

Zybaine.png

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1588587

With an almost mathematical certainty, I am building the worlds only 3x FW900 portrait, no bezel gap, seamless Fresnel lens, Ivy Bridge, Quad Kepler, three user select-able cooling loop (Ambient, phase-change, Geothermal), gaming computer.

Your run of the mill system. :D

Last edited:
Didnt the Gadget show do one already!? ;)

So the gadget show already made a 3x FW900 portrait, no bezel gap, seamless Fresnel lens, Ivy Bridge, Quad Kepler, three user select-able cooling loop (Ambient, phase-change, Geothermal), gaming computer!

Those ********, I was suppose to be the first! :D

Here is my proposed simple cooling system. Let me know if you guys can see any way to make it more efficient.

Kepler.jpg

Here I have started the Geo-thermal drilling. This is the top 3 feet (17 feet underground). I've drilled near the home slab foundation and in a year-round shaded area to maximize Earth temperature stability. So far it looks like the ground water level is 5-6 feet below the surface which is GREAT. Finally a positive about living in the South. :eek:

SANY00022-1.jpg

That is a very ambitious plan but sounds like a pretty neat idea if you know what you're doing (and sounds as if you do). I love your previous setups and have a keen eye on this one - I wish you luck. :)

Can you post a bit more about this fresnel lens?

I understand the principal of how a fresnel lens works but can't think of its purpose in your project.

In the film "Brazil" they were used to magnify small text only crt monitors to more comfortable scales but I imagine combining one with high res modern displays would completely ruin image quality.

Can you post a bit more about this fresnel lens?

I understand the principal of how a fresnel lens works but can't think of its purpose in your project.

In the film "Brazil" they were used to magnify small text only crt monitors to more comfortable scales but I imagine combining one with high res modern displays would completely ruin image quality.

As whenever you add a lens, some degradation will occur. Although, during my proof-of-concept testing, I've found the trade-offs well worth it. You will get a slight decrease in image clarity with regard to slight chromatic abberations and on bright scenes seeing some of the circular grooves cut in the lens. But you gain magnification and the ability to eliminate bezels. It has actually done quite well in my testing and allowed me to go into full project mode.

Take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TrhGiVl1RNs#t=337s

Now if he were to position the camera exactly where his eyesight was, there would be virtually zero gap between the images as you can see in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnNM-N_1ve8

If done properly, the gap between images will be 1mm or less.

Last edited:
That flight sim setup looks stunning and I'm very impressed how well the lenses work.

Ya, it actually works out quite well.

Got a few components in:

SANY0005-10.jpg

XSPC Raystorm full copper CPU block. Looks and feels like an awesome piece. Watercool MO-RA3 Pro radiator with 9x 140mm XSPC fans for my ambient loop section. This thing is built like a tank and has traditional German quality.

I've gone with EVGA Ultra Classified 580's until Kepler releases. Who know's, I might even be able to use EVGA's 90-day step up program on Kepler. I've always liked EVGA in the nVidia camp. Also tossed in there a Bitspower reservoir for my silver kill coils, fluid level viewing and fluid access port. I plan to run distilled water with silver kill coils, IandH Dead-Water Copper Sulfate and Water Wetter.

Back
Top Bottom