Vega's *Heavyweight* display and computer; edition 2012

Ahhh it's so beautiful :'). If I had the money, the time and the skill right now...

I think a simple watercooling loop when I put together my new build will be enough. Maybe in a few years time I will be as clever (and insane) as you to do something like this :D.

Keep it up man, subbed!

Wow, this looks awesome! I can't wait to see the final product :D!.

Quick question: What is the gooey looking stuff on the motherboard in this picture?

SANY0008-3.jpg

Wow, this looks awesome! I can't wait to see the final product :D!.

Quick question: What is the gooey looking stuff on the motherboard in this picture?

Sperm whale samples. Just kidding!

It is anti-condensation protection as that was a sub-zero liquid build. The material was dragon skin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLiiJ4k3nTA

or what I like to call "Ectoplasm". ;)

On another note, I just finished my custom reinforced 7 foot stainless steel desk to hold my monster display setup. I stood on this right in the middle on one of my feet (180lb) and it didn't even flex a hair.

SANY0006-8.jpg

Welding stainless steel is harder than you think! (just kidding). Time for the old glass desk to go!

Last edited:
So the gadget show already made a 3x FW900 portrait, no bezel gap, seamless Fresnel lens, Ivy Bridge, Quad Kepler, three user select-able cooling loop (Ambient, phase-change, Geothermal), gaming computer!

Those ********, I was suppose to be the first! :D

I think you have too much time on your hands.... you can come round and mow my lawns if you like? :D

Does anyone have experience working with any of these materials: acrylic, polycarbonate, CR-39 or polyurethane? I have contacted my Fresnel lens manufacturer to see if he could tell me what material they are. I am interested in trimming them to fit my display setup perfectly. Curious if the "score and snap" method would work or is cutting involved.

those crystal speakers looks very heavy

cant wait for the project to be completed

They are not too bad, maybe about 7 pounds each.

I've just read this new article and it appears nVidia won't let 1155 do Quad-SLI:

http://vr-zone.com/articles/detailed-hands-on-pictures-of-gigabyte-s-g1.sniper-3/15100-2.html

So that means I'll have to go with X79 for Quad-SLI using single GPU cards or get two dual GPU Kepler like the GTX 690/790 whatever they are going to call it. If nVidia fixed the power problem on the new dual cards, if I water cool them I might get 95% of the performance for half the cost. We shall see. So maybe my X79 water block diagram was a prophecy!

I'd be more comfortable jumping into X79 if I knew there was a guarantee and not just rumors about Ivy Bridge-E fully supporting X79.

True i do perfer nvida wish they wernt so late to the party :(

one more question.... all them pictures i get what they are all for apart from one .....

The one with the monstor holesaw and coke can ?

no ...

you cant be........

Your not going to drill through that desk for cable managment ?? :eek:

Vega... wouldn't it, perhaps, be easier (you don't seem to care about what's easy though :p ) to make a seamless triple screen setup by just using 3 beamers and aligning them?

It seems like it pal as this is a very good idea the only con is size but big is beautiful :D

What type of refresh rate can you get at full res with these monitors ?

Back
Top Bottom