Very bad day.

Soldato
Got in a mild disagreement with some protestors today. Came home, got ready for work, went in to work only to find out that out of the almost 100 employees, only 15 are staying on. The rest of us got laid off today. Hence why I am home to post this when I'm normally at work....

Found out that one of the people staying has one third the seniority I do, does less than half the work, has a severe attendance problem, an attitude problem, and is what you folks would call a chav.

Why does he get to stay and I'm laid off? His father is a supervisor there.

Oh, well. Came home and looked up on the Minnesota employment website and found a listing gone up today for a journeyman electrician. $36K-$50K pay and benefits (I'm struggling to make $23K where I just got laid off from). Going to talk to the (hopefully) future bossman tomorrow. He sounded hopeful after hearing of my electrical experience in the navy and my ability to wire my own house up, so it sounds good. Just hoping I'm more of a candidate than anyone else who applies......

Man of Honour
Sorry to hear that. It's never a nice situation to be in but then again it could be the best thing that ever happened to you career wise. These things happen for a reason. Keep a positive attitude and it'll all work out :)

Associate
Mickey_D said:
Got in a mild disagreement with some protestors today. Came home, got ready for work, went in to work only to find out that out of the almost 100 employees, only 15 are staying on. The rest of us got laid off today. Hence why I am home to post this when I'm normally at work....

Found out that one of the people staying has one third the seniority I do, does less than half the work, has a severe attendance problem, an attitude problem, and is what you folks would call a chav.

Why does he get to stay and I'm laid off? His father is a supervisor there.

Oh, well. Came home and looked up on the Minnesota employment website and found a listing gone up today for a journeyman electrician. $36K-$50K pay and benefits (I'm struggling to make $23K where I just got laid off from). Going to talk to the (hopefully) future bossman tomorrow. He sounded hopeful after hearing of my electrical experience in the navy and my ability to wire my own house up, so it sounds good. Just hoping I'm more of a candidate than anyone else who applies......

Good luck, hope it works out ok and you land on your feet.

Suspended
Sounds like it was meant for you to have that other job, fingers crossed for you.

I dont know about over there but sparkies are in hot demand over here, my sparky is fully booked for the next several months.

Back
Top Bottom