[VIDEO] My cover of Canon Rock (That jerry C guitar vid)

Don
ArmyofHarmony said:
thanks for replies

hilly: lol, as i recall you banned me from a server for killing you too easily :D

anderlusion: Its the holidays now :p so no real suffering :)

No no i banned you for being a **** ;) nothing about you killing me.... i;m used to that ;)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
That was very impressive, and I swear i'm going to nail that song one day.
AoH, how long have you been playing? / Have you ever had lessons or anything?

Associate
Chads said:
Great work! Really great fingering

I'm interested, is there some kind of Cannon D competition going on? I've seent he Jerry C vid...is everyone now doing their own versions?

There is this thread here -
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17543235
started by DMP because he was sick to death of people claiming they could play the track. ArmyOfHarmony isn't one of those people but has come forward and achieved it majestically. I await the other Guitar Warriors who did make such claims even if it is only the first 40 bars etc.

Man of Honour
QABoy said:
There is this thread here -
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17543235
started by DMP because he was sick to death of people claiming they could play the track. ArmyOfHarmony isn't one of those people but has come forward and achieved it majestically. I await the other Guitar Warriors who did make such claims even if it is only the first 40 bars etc.

Exactly - the Canon Rock thread that surfaced a few weeks ago had plenty of comments basically stating that it was easy/boring/childs play so dmpoole called them out. Whilst many people have submitted good material to dmpoole, ArmyofHarmony is so far the only person to have had a stab at the actual track that started the debate. What I find interesting is that the Jerry C vid seemed to attract a lot of dismissive comments whereas this one is full of nothing but praise :confused:

ArmyofHarmony, love the vid! For me, whilst a touch more ragged it seemed to have more "oomph" to it than the Jerry C version posted before. Well done.

Associate
OP
hey thanks for all the replies,

m3csl2004 said:
jesus, im hope im half as good at you when im 20 (3 years of playing to go yet ;))

btw how long have you been playing?

Been playing for about 9 years now, seriously for about 4

Chads said:
Great work! Really great fingering

I'm interested, is there some kind of Cannon D competition going on? I've seent he Jerry C vid...is everyone now doing their own versions?

Well i saw the jerry C vid quite a while ago, never thought about covering it... but then about a month ago my mates at uni started going on about it... i gave it another listen and thought hmmm i should learn this, since i basically never learn any songs.

Nix said:
That was very impressive, and I swear i'm going to nail that song one day.
AoH, how long have you been playing? / Have you ever had lessons or anything?

I had lessons through school, but not really in technique... really just turned up and played Oasis etc... never really practiced outside of lessons until later.

and for those that are interested i use an Ibanez RG1550 and a v-amp 2 (into my soundcard)

Man of Honour
Top stuff, that is some seriously good playing there
icon14.gif

Your style of playing really reminded me of Nuno Bettencourt (he of Extreme fame if anyone hasn't heard of him), and your sound is very nice too :)

Well done, you've proved there are people on these forums who can back up their claims :D

Associate
OP
I think hes playing in a Funk sort of band called Population 1... but that might be the name of their album, not sure.

Actually i think hes in an even newer band now... cant remember.

I think Nuno is embarrassed of his shred history... so i heard anyway... shame, cause it rocked

Back
Top Bottom