Vinyl Wrap

Soldato
Hi guys,

Has anyone on here had a vinyl wrap on there car at all?

If so could you post some pics and to why you did it etc. I'm pretty intrigued at the moment so I'd like to see why other people have done so.

Thanks!

russ posts on here too :)

been following his stuff on DW since i got my machine polisher [that i am terrified of using]

ideally i need to look at going on one of their tuition days.

as for Wrapping, i dont see the point personally.

a mugen supercharger would be a better idea

Had mine done including door jams A/B pillars and sills and the wheels powder coated black, and very pleased with the results. Every time I fill up so far I have been asked about it.

Beforeandafternoreg_zps09d26dc5.jpg

IMG_2610_zps70f6764f.jpg

IMG_2597_zpsde075a90.jpg

The wife had hers done as well . . .

Before . .
IMG_0535.jpg

After . .

matt1series_zps21856802.jpg

Got them done for the looks mainly but perks are they are so easy to clean.

Had mine done including door jams A/B pillars and sills and the wheels powder coated black, and very pleased with the results. Every time I fill up so far I have been asked about it.

Got them done for the looks mainly but perks are they are so easy to clean.

really like the X6 biut not convinced with the 1 series

Look at this...

:eek:

out of my own interest, does a wrap leave any residue or anything like that when removed?
does it have to be removed by someone who applies it?

Yeah, they are damn good but it doesn't mean their customers have taste :p

Apparently this could be the new craze:

248388.jpg

157825.jpg

I hope not...

If you get the wrap removed, best to be done by the installer as they warrant the work and will clean up any residue that may remain.

a mugen supercharger would be a better idea

A supercharger is nigh on 6K mate, a vinyl wrap is a grand or less. I don't see the comparison!

Thanks for the input guys, I'm hankering after a burnt orange/imola orange similar to what my 350z on the CRZ.

Gloss not matte, I think matte looks a little tacky, sorry guys :p

I'm uncertain about the look. On some cars it can look excellent but on others not so much. That chromed Fiesta is terrible. I'm not keen on the 1 series either.

How does it wear after a couple of years?

The wrap used on the trucks where I work is very hard wearing, we have a few 06 plate trucks with well over a million miles on them and the wrap itself is still in good condition I.e. little if any sign of fade etc.
They do get tears from damage but that said are still resistant to pressure washing!!

Trucks on the general haulage fleet are kept for 3years and when the wrap is removed, the paint underneath is like new.

You can often still read the company web address in the top of the cab where the paint underneath where the wrap was hasn't faded, t-cut would sort this I'm sure.

Isnt orange one of the available crz colours anyway? I guess finding one in orange with the mugen kit would be harder, and buying an orange one and then adding the mugen bits would be expensive compared to a wrap!

I reckon some nice wheels and subtle lowering would be better than a wrap though, unless you must have ginger :p

I went down to totally dynamic a couple of years ago for a meeting about opening a franchise in Staffordshire. Seemed like an excellent setup and they had some top secret stuff in there at the time which we weren't supposed to see in the workshop. Juts couldn't see a market for it in somewhere as deprived as Staffordshire. I've always wanted my own car doing.

Back
Top Bottom