Vinyl Wrap

may be pulled by the police if they see its supposed to be one colour but is another,

but thats less likely then when you werent pulled in the supra for not running a front plate

Most films are semi permanent, so you might be able to dodge that bullet.

I'm just wondering what the legal stance of this is. I don't mind declaring it to insurance at all but I'm not sure if it is even required to do so?

may be pulled by the police if they see its supposed to be one colour but is another,

but thats less likely then when you werent pulled in the supra for not running a front plate

True dat

I'm just wondering what the legal stance of this is. I don't mind declaring it to insurance at all but I'm not sure if it is even required to do so?

In the event that you *touch wood* have a prang though, would it be an issue a loss adjuster might get funny over?

Just thinking it may be worth declaring just for the peace of mind.

Insurance were not interested as the "base" colour has not been changed they said, but always worth checking if it is done as some may have a different opinion.

Both our wraps were done with 3M vinyl, there are some to avoid apparently as they lift and the area will need to be re wrapped.

Newish CRZ..........Wrap and possible supercharger.

I thought you were older than 17 :p

Why not just spend the money on a nice Type-R, say an FD2 or just buy a cheaper FN2 (no actualy don't do that), EP3 or even come join us DC2 fanbois.

Spending nearly thousands on an already nice coloured CRZ and trying to supercharge an averagly powered hatchback just screams 'WTF waste of money' to me in bucketfulls.

Last edited:
Similar to this

7398908842_147f6b4b25.jpg

honda-cr-z-mugen-.jpg

I actually saw that mugen on oxford high street, looked like the guy bought it after it was a press car as it looked lived in and he was youngish driving with his missus.
Last summer it was around august

I was considering this for my Z before I bought it, was thinking that If i got one nice enough then id get it wrapped to protect the paintwork and also change it to whatever colour I was wanting in the process

In the end the price put me off, I believe it was 3M's website I was looking at and its a lot of money, I decided that at least for the current car I wouldn't bother

If you were interested in solid matt colours only there is the option of using plasti dip which you can apply yourself and seems to be very easy to work with and very easy to correct if you slip up in applying it

My friends in Bangkok are making a fortune out of the wrapping scene, although their clientèle have pretty deep pockets (Thailand has a 200% import tax on foreign cars!)...

CjCg0Hr.jpg

MyVLre4.jpg

vVV8Ovd.jpg

2BVvSCG.jpg

And my favourite:

9NQgtOH.jpg

Last edited:
wrap is just so.... meh

can look ok on something like a matt black lambo but a lovely deep glossy wet looking paint job just cant be beaten

Are there any preferred films and if so, where can you get them from?

3M or hexsis are amongst the best, there are others but cant remember the names.

If op gets his wrapped i would suggest you have pics taken of the car being done. This way people can have an idea of the paint condition before the car wrapped. Help with floggin the car now aswell, unless the wrapper is a complete pro i would be wary of paint cuts.

A friend of mine had his tt roof etc wrapped and i could see were the wrapper had pressed too hard and used his blade to sharp an angle. He had cut the paint

The other thing is i would go for a satin orange wrap as a duller finish will not show anything up as bad as a gloss finisj

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom