virgin atlantic upper class worth the cost?

I dunno, the list was pretty good on economy from BA when I flew in October.

I personally can't enjoy films on Virgin's planes. The screen quality and the contrast is poor, its not immersive enough.

The new upgraded fleet with the touch screen system is great and the screens are very watch-able.

Other people seem to manage but it just annoys me, you get spoilt by High Definition quality every other time you watch something.

I personally can't enjoy films on Virgin's planes. The screen quality and the contrast is poor, its not immersive enough.

The new upgraded fleet with the touch screen system is great and the screens are very watch-able.

Other people seem to manage but it just annoys me.

Immersive?

There are 4 giant Rolls Royce Engines about 30ft either size of you going full blast with a low rumbling noise. lol

It's not your local IMAX lol I think you've set your standard for inflight entertainment too high.

Thats just silly money. Premium economy is probably worth it but I would never pay that much for a flight. Do you have points you can use for the upgrade?

I am flying emirates business class back from india next week but thats because it did not cost me close to what you are paying (actually the upgrade was quite cheap) and I would have spent around 4 days on the road before the flight.

Last edited:
Wouldn't pay that price even I had just won the Euromillions.

You're going from a to b, and you'll get there at the same time, regardless of how much money you spend.

FOr mare 2k its worth it. Stay away from economy if possible forever.

In upper class you get hotter girls and more boze included... everything is better.

If you play your cards right with the ladies there she may give you a personal massage and phone number...

For around £300 you can fix quite a few economy issues.

* £32 - Extra luggage (£32 each way (pack a soft bag in your case on the way out to save £32))
* £199 - Better entertainment (Nexus 7)
* £60 - Noise cancelling headphones (Goldring NS1000 are decent for the low price)
* £5 - Better food (Boots meal deal in the airport!)

Plus you get to keep most of it.

cheapskate alternative. YOu can never fix no leg room and personal space thats 2x more +

In upper class you get hotter girls and more boze included... everything is better.
You're right about the hotter girls!

cheapskate alternative
But you're wrong about this, and just trolling. Or in other words, if your mode of road transport today isn't a chauffeur driven in a Rolls Royce, you are a cheapskate too.

Genuinely I wouldn't.

I would spend the money on some stupid things granted, but not on that. It's a principle thing.
Pretty foolish then... if you won a typical Euromillions jackpot, you would be grossing the cost of at least two return first class flights to New York, each week, just by sitting on your ass and having that capital.

With that said, why you wouldn't want to make 12+ hours of your life a lot easier, substantially more pleasant and to make sure you waste less of your life (no queues, faster security, physical comfort, better service) is very much beyond me.

The poor exchange their time for money and the rich exchange their money for time. If all that money isn't going to buy you more time and greater wellbeing, what's the point in it?

Last edited:
I tend to punt for PE with BA. Last time I got it for 200CHF more, so was well worth the extra for the space on the redeye flight and the steak we got too.
If it was an extra grand, I wouldn't bother, but also with PE you can often get upgraded for free (if you're lucky) or cheaply with avios etc. if you go to the desk. You'd go up to Business as you can only jump one step, if that makes sense.

Pretty foolish then... if you won a typical Euromillions jackpot, you would be grossing the cost of at least two return first class flights to New York, each week, just by sitting on your ass and having that capital.

With that said, why you wouldn't want to make 12+ hours of your life a lot easier, substantially more pleasant and to make sure you waste less of your life (no queues, faster security, physical comfort, better service) is very much beyond me.

The poor exchange their time for money and the rich exchange their money for time. If all that money isn't going to buy you more time and greater wellbeing, what's the point in it?

If I was a euromillions winner, I'd charter a private jet! :D

I have no gripes with long journeys, I spent my childhood flying and travelling in cars. It's just something you do, to get from A-B. No need for a song and a dance over it.

Don't get me wrong if the flight was £1,200 and premium was £1,300, I would do it, but £3,300 is obscene.

Once got offered an upgrade from PE to Upper with Virgin if we were willing to take a later flight back from LA.

Looking back now probably should have taken it but the flight on offer was significantly later and would have screwed up all our arrangements at the other end, plus we really just wanted to get on with it and get back as had already been traveling beforehand.

Personally as others have said if I'm paying then I wouldn't even think about it, PE is an option depending on how much extra, where I'm going, who I'm with etc.

Have flown economy the last few long haul trips and it's been fine, the ANA flight I took a couple of months ago wasn't bad as they had 10inch screens in economy and pe (23inch in first class!) and seats were pretty comfy. Although in PE upwards you got nice noise cancelling headphones as well.

Back
Top Bottom