virgin atlantic upper class worth the cost?

I work for an airline. FLying from the UAE to London I can upgrade from economy to business because it costs about 50gbp extra, going from UK to UAE because of the taxes its about 200gbp extra and I fly economy instead. I understand that's an extreme case, but I wouldn't upgrade to business class unless money was no object, it's just not worth it, you'll get better value for money spending it on your hotel!

id say go with PE.

i found that booking economy and then ringing and upgrading to PE worked out much cheaper than initialially booking.

Flew economy to Orlando and paid the £20 each way for extra legroom. Definitely worth it and tbh the premium economy seats didn't look all that much better for what would be an extra £250 each way.

As said, save yourself £2000 and have some fun with that instead.

Only issue I had with Virgin Atlantic was they didn't serve much food. The dinner wasn't very big and then the lunch/breakfast we had were tiny. Definitely take something with you on board otherwise you'll be starving when you land.

I have been Upper Class on VA a number of times and would recommend it BUT the company paid.

You get a chauffer to pick you up from home and drop you back off, he does a partial check-in en-route and then you're check-in at Heathrow via their private area. You have access to the lounge, food and relaxation services (which are best pre-booked).

Once on the plane, you're upstairs and access to the bar so it's not all bad.

VA don't do Business Class so it maybe worth checking other carriers who offer this service instead of going 1st Class.

The chauffeur service is extra, a hell of a lot extra. Most people booking Upper class on an advance fare wont get or want this service. Its far cheaper to book an exec private hire.

Have flown alround the world and 99% of the time it's been economy, felw premium economy on BA to Argentina this summer as the extra cost was 5 quid so it seemed like a no brainer. PE was nice but I wouldn't have paid more than 50-100 quid for it and even then I'd be loath to as I'd much rather spend the money when I get there.

by planning before a flight I've pretty much managed to conquer not sleeping and jet lag you just need to make sure your tired if you need to be or stay awake if you need to so you set you body clock. Obviously you still get some jet lag and tiredness but nothing you can' work with. I flew back BA economy from Hong Kong a couple of years ago and 8 hours after landing at Heathrow sat down for a job interview in Sheffield and nailed it.

So in short save the money for a better car, nicer hotel and more gambling chips/beer you will have a much better time that way than you will by splashing your money on a bigger seat for 10 hours of your life during which there is very little to do!

snip-

This is an adequate description of economy class with virgin! Whether you are cheap enough and dirty to roll that way its up to you.

You trolling powers are weak, Virgins economy class isn't even close to being the worst on a major internation carrier let alone a Clarkson caravan and I'm willing to say that after they gave me the worst food poisioning of my life on a flight home from Dehli.

I'd pay £3k just to sit next to hot girl and have plenty of leg room in that situation you have been Ltch...

Just imagine in the night, your flying high, its humid and you are having a hot dream and pop a real boner. Greatly inspired by the smoking hot babe next to you.

Then there is turbulence and that fine hot lady in tight short business skirt leans on to your shoulder. While her hand falls on to your lap gently nudging your stiffy. This could go on for hours.

Suddenly, there is even more turbulence and she wakes up instinctively grabbing on to something hard, while dazzled looking at you innocently.

Realizing the highly embracing situation she quickly apologizes. And you playing the gentle man says "Thats alright honey, since you like hot stuff, let me get you cooling drink... "

I wasn't aware OCUK had atarted an erotic fiction section but once again your effort is weak and your fantasy not only incredibly unlikely but most unsatisfying.

Last edited:
The sexy stewardess asked "Chicken or Beef" I said I have some Beef for you.

Later in the service she had run our of milk for the coffee, I said don't worry I can feed you some cream.

We ran to to the tiny toilet and I showed her my plane, I asked permission to land the plane in the brown airport but ATC denied that routing. Instead we opted for the classic route but when "comming" into land their was extreme turbulence, back and forth we rocked.

To my surprise it was Richard Branson in disguise and he triumphantly screamed "Yes, I got you to bum me for freeeeee!"

That is the story of how Richard Branson cheated me out of 2 million dollars.

I wasn't aware OCUK had atarted an erotic fiction section but once again your effort is weak and your fantasy not only incredibly unlikely but most unsatisfying.

He's clearly never flown Upper Class because you wouldn't have somebody sat on a seat next to you in the same way you do in other parts fo the plane, it's individual pods isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom