Virgin Media Broadband 20MB

Soldato
Well said the amount of complaints with speeds and all i see is speed test as the test, you really have goto download from a good site as the link above seems, and see how it goes from there thats the only 100% way of knowing for a fact.

Associate
Is anyone actually getting anywhere near 20mb download speeds????

Everytime i test my connection I'm getting about about 2000-4000KBPS

They took away my Motorola modem and gave this Webstar thing when I moved house any chance thats causing the problem looks like its from the pound shop

Man of Honour
Man of Honour

They took away my Motorola modem and gave this Webstar thing when I moved house any chance thats causing the problem looks like its from the pound shop

I have that same webstar modem, and I never have any problems getting the full 20mb from Giganews (I download at a rock-solid constant 2.33mb/sec).

Soldato
I get 2.35mb/sec from newsgroups without problems, but if I right click and save the maximum download speed is around 700KB/s so I use a download manager to get better speeds.

Soldato
Ive just downloaded 18% of 3.9gb and my downloadig on tornnet has gone from 400kb to 20kb and i just did a speed test and im at 2mb and imment to be at 4mb. What the hell? ive been saying how good they are but if the moment i download not even 700mb im gona get capped then screw them lol.

Soldato
So wait.

I was on 8mb Cable with Blueyonder. I think i might have been upgraded but i honestly have no idea. I never kept any of the letters and I dont know how to find out. But even so, is it wrong that i've -never- had over 500k/sec download?

Soldato

Yes, I *ALWAYS* get 20mb.

The webstar modem does not support 20mb *officially* as far as I know, you might want to ask them about that.

So wait.

I was on 8mb Cable with Blueyonder. I think i might have been upgraded but i honestly have no idea. I never kept any of the letters and I dont know how to find out. But even so, is it wrong that i've -never- had over 500k/sec download?
There has never been an 8mb service on Blueyonder cable as far as I know, are you sure you don't have ADSL?

Last edited:
Soldato
There has never been an 8mb service on Blueyonder cable as far as I know, are you sure you don't have ADSL?

Yes, quite sure :p I must have made a mistake with the service then. I'm sure it was 8mb but i guess not. I can assure you its Virgin Media Cable :p That's what happens when you throw away letters.

Are the availible b/w's then 2mb, 4mb and 20mb? If so, i would likely be on 4mb, is 500k/sec a resonable rate?

Back
Top Bottom