Virgin Media Discussion Thread

I don't know who told you to use a docker image, but docker is for the technical challenged.

You more than likely in the future come across other problems due to this but it's not my place to say. :)
Please say I only used a docker as a newbie I followed you tube videos, but willing to learn. I used a vm for my home assistant as that was the first video I seen and that’s been fine

I don't know who told you to use a docker image, but docker is for the technical challenged.

You more than likely in the future come across other problems due to this but it's not my place to say. :)

He's running his Plex server in Unraid so of course he's using Docker, makes way more sense than using a VM.

Having problems with my network, plex in unraid to Apple TV 4K having bandwidth problems and only playing at 320 and have been told this “ The issue is definitely at the router. If you try with your phone, i'm guessing you'll get a better quality transcode over wifi. So there's bound to be some sort of QOS turned on, throttling the ATV's bandwidth.” Does the hub 5 have anything
like this ?
Thanks

TBF he didn't really tell us anything useful at all. :cry:

:)

Works scheduled in my area for 2nd June, I assume to try and fix the network to get 100mbit upload speed rolled out.

But might also be basic repair work, as currently I have noise on all my upstream channel, and post RS errors on all my downstream channels.

Works scheduled in my area for 2nd June, I assume to try and fix the network to get 100mbit upload speed rolled out.

But might also be basic repair work, as currently I have noise on all my upstream channel, and post RS errors on all my downstream channels.

Work was done in my area yesterday (30th) and after having restarted my Hub 5 (modem mode) - I've lost the 100Mbps upload.

Funnily enough I did have the faster upload once it was announced on ispreview etc.

Well my connection is trash now. Gone from getting pretty much 930+ on the download and 50 ish on the upload at most times of day to getting the full 100 meg upload for a couple of days. But now I can't get more than about 500 meg and my upload is 10-20 meg. Thankfully I only have to put up with this crap for one more day then I get symmetric gigabit.

Well my connection is trash now. Gone from getting pretty much 930+ on the download and 50 ish on the upload at most times of day to getting the full 100 meg upload for a couple of days. But now I can't get more than about 500 meg and my upload is 10-20 meg. Thankfully I only have to put up with this crap for one more day then I get symmetric gigabit.

BQM?

Anyone else get email notification of a free upload upgrade from 36mbps to 52mbps, I'm on the m500 download speed service, I rebooted the router and all good with the little increase in upload. Its, not often they give out free upgrades.

Anyone have any decent Access point recommendations, I have the ancient Unfi AC Pro Wifi5

Most of my devices are hardwired but got some Wireless devices, printers, Tvs and mobiles mainly or maybe its better to wait for Wifi 7 Access points?

I was all excited for my new connection today....then it all went wrong.

My house (moved in few days ago) is on their records as previously having Virgin. There is a virgin port/coax splitter on the wall in my living room.

Unfortunatly somebody has cut the cable outside the wall and pulled it quite far back, and removed it. There is no evidence of the cable anywhere and i'll be honestly I didn't even check as I saw the port in the living room so assumed it was all good.

Install didn't happen. There now has to be a 2 man team to lay a new cable from the cabinet to my house.

I am gutted.

He rang his manager and they're thinking it might be pulled for middle of next week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom