Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Seems the 100mb upload upgrade is on my line, only happened across it as I was moving gear about :D Good stuff, not noticed any impact in my area at least latency is no better/worse, nice to have for free.

Aye it's a great router, it was top of the line at the time and still hold its own today tbh, just lacks WiFi6 if that's something anyone needs, though I can just add an access point to the network if I do need it down the line I guess.

Last edited:
Aye it's a great router, it was top of the line at the time and still hold its own today tbh, just lacks WiFi6 if that's something anyone needs, though I can just add an access point to the network if I do need it down the line I guess.

Most would use cable if they want better speeds over using WiFi. I still don't trust WiFi over cable personally speaking.

I use only mobile devices on WiFi.

Reactions: R3X
Oh I use it for my phone via SMB mostly as I send/rec large media files from my phone straight to the desktop so I can edit it on the PC, just convenient above all else :p

Last edited:
Oh I use it for my phone via SMB mostly as I send/rec large media files from my phone straight to the desktop so I can edit it on the PC, just convenient above all else :p

I just share a folder on the devices with guest access if I want to share files between them. All the desktops are wired where as all mobile devices are wireless.

SMB is shared folders :p I have full access to all my drives so ust have folders mapped out in file explorer I can then run backups or plonk files where I need for the task etc!

Like so:

NVsrkmt.jpg

My internet just went down for 5 minutes, now back up. First time in ages. Can't see any other reports.

Mine randomly went down for a few minutes last night, just before midnight.

I didn't know about the upload increase until today, looked and I have it already. Not sure if they added it last night and it caused the interuption.

I'm on 500mb.

Last edited:
Just ran Fast.com, got 510/55 Mb. Think it was 500/30 before but not 100%. Think my Netgear nighthawk 7500 router is dying. Having DHCP issues, only way to get connection back is to power cycle the router. Had the router for ~8-10 years, might just set the hub 3 back to router mode and skip getting a new router.

Looks like my 100Mbit upload is active now too. That's nice enough. But I've still got my 900/900 Toob install going ahead next week.

Not too shabby for VM during the day though:

Last edited:
shame other VM services are not getting th upload increase.

still getting 26Mbps here (250mb service from my work laptop over a vpn and wired)

14786435693.png

Last edited:
Starting to look like my entire city (and the county) hasnt got it, quite a big area if its the case.

Those reporting not having it, a fair few of them reporting congestion still existing on their service as well (even only on 50mbit upload), my city was a poor build which has needed lots of upgrades to keep up with the rest of the country.

I am contracted until April 2024, CF claim they doing the final touches in my area which I would assume that surely means CF is live by then, so will see if VM manage to get this upload speed increase rolled out by then, and with it able to get the speed during peak hours.

Back
Top Bottom