Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
I’m on 350 now, at first I didn’t like the SH3 but it’s been a few months now and it’s rock solid, my in game ping sits around 20 most of the time and I get no lag. :)

I see no option on VM for vivid 350 is that some sort of free upgrade on the vivid 300 package?

Also I gather the vivid 300 is classed as the gamer package, despite the issues with hub3.

Soldato
I see no option on VM for vivid 350 is that some sort of free upgrade on the vivid 300 package?

Also I gather the vivid 300 is classed as the gamer package, despite the issues with hub3.
It wasn’t free, we had a notification in our virgin account offering us 350 for an extra few quid so thought why not. :)

When we first installed the SH3 we were having problems everyday, dropouts, high ping, slow downloads but after some hard resets and a new firmware, it’s been good. :)

Soldato
It wasn’t free, we had a notification in our virgin account offering us 350 for an extra few quid so thought why not. :)

When we first installed the SH3 we were having problems everyday, dropouts, high ping, slow downloads but after some hard resets and a new firmware, it’s been good. :)

That's good, I'm on 100 at present so vivid 300 will be plenty for me, having the extra upload will be better. Are you on the trial firmware that's been rolled out in some areas.

Soldato
That's good, I'm on 100 at present so vivid 300 will be plenty for me, having the extra upload will be better. Are you on the trial firmware that's been rolled out in some areas.
300 will definitely be enough, we have 2 computers, 2 tabs, 3 mobiles, 4 smart TV’s and an Apple 4K TV on our network and it’s rock solid on them all. :)

I’m not sure on the firmware, I’ll have to check my VM account and see what it’s running. :)

Soldato
300 will definitely be enough, we have 2 computers, 2 tabs, 3 mobiles, 4 smart TV’s and an Apple 4K TV on our network and it’s rock solid on them all. :)

I’m not sure on the firmware, I’ll have to check my VM account and see what it’s running. :)

Nice thanks, Likely 300 will be a bit overkill for me but the price difference from vivid 200 is not that much more and I think I may be able to get a deal being out of contract.

Soldato
Are you guys both on the vivid 300 broadband speed, I'm tempted to go for vivid 300 instead of vivid 200 as I understand this also has no traffic management. You find HUB3 ok for gaming?

Thanks

I'm on the 300 package but it shows as 350 in my account, I've never had a problem with gaming on the HUB 3, if your still on a SH2 you'll need a 3 for the speed to work.

Permabanned
New TV box arrived alongside the SH3, alongside 2 powerline adapters(nice touch :)), installed and working great.

Firmware is 9.1.116V, unsure if thats the latest, will see how my quality monitor is next day or two.

I used wifi to connect the TV box and used the powerline adapter for my TV for plex. :p

Man of Honour
v9.1.116.603 is the latest. If its been pushed to your area already it will update right away (assuming you've done a reboot already?), so probably have to wait until rolled out.

Permabanned
DK5tgnQ.png

Not looking too great so far......

Though I was playing ESO and it was fine, didnt notice any issues. Hopefully get updated soon though.

Jesus, the management interface is turd. If I add a DHCP reservation the wifi drops out.

Heading back to modem mode tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
The one PC game I play, and the new firmware has only seemed to do one thing, which is now to introduce micro-stutter rather than massive packet losses.

Also, perhaps coincidentally, my Powerline adapters need resetting every other day now. :confused::(

VM at it's finest.

Soldato
Been reading that it doesn't actually fix the issue just masks it?

Seen that mentioned as well, but I can't seem to see anyone mention they have issues still on the latest update either.

I should be getting my HUB3 and TV6 later this week, Im putting mine in modem mode but Im aware that does not solve the latency issue, will post a quality monitor after its all up and running.

Soldato
I'm on the 300 package but it shows as 350 in my account, I've never had a problem with gaming on the HUB 3, if your still on a SH2 you'll need a 3 for the speed to work.

Just had a look on my account and it says vivid 350:cool:, tried a speed test but I still only get 110 down, Im guessing thats because Im still using a SH1 and not yet received my hub3.

Soldato
Just had a look on my account and it says vivid 350:cool:, tried a speed test but I still only get 110 down, Im guessing thats because Im still using a SH1 and not yet received my hub3.

Probably, once you've got the SH3 up and running you can look at the sync speed for up and down. Not sure if you can on the SH1 (never owned one)

Back
Top Bottom