Virtual Pool 4 (15th August)

Permabanned
Seriously why is there any need for pool game sequels, surely by the third game they have achieved everything they wanted.

Oh wait, better graphics...and lashings of depth of field effects, "hey this is great, I can barely see what balls there are to the immediate left and right! tunnel vision is awesome"

Caporegime
would buy one instantly i mainly play a simple 2d version at moment with friends but the gameplay is there will keep a eye out for this :cool:

Soldato
Seriously why is there any need for pool game sequels, surely by the third game they have achieved everything they wanted.

Oh wait, better graphics...and lashings of depth of field effects, "hey this is great, I can barely see what balls there are to the immediate left and right! tunnel vision is awesome"

You could say this for most sequels. Virtual Pool 3 is ages old and could do with updating so that the graphics are modern and the game rules updated. They can also add more 'pub' games such as darts, etc.

I am really looking forward to this - I have the upgraded version of VP3 (downloadable one) and play this from time to time - an updated version with better online multiplayer would be epic fun.

M.

Soldato
For a start, the onlne needs to be overhauled so I will be glad to see this. Who the heck wants to be forced to use Gamespy Arcade for multiplayer games?

As a VP3dl player, have been waiting for this for a LONG time.

To say the game does not need a refresh is very silly.

New technology means ANY game can be made better several years down the line in many ways.

Last edited:
Soldato

Yep this.

Graphics I could really care about since the older games still look good enough. Hell, just the table, colour balls and cue stick is all I need, even if it's all on a plain black background!

But it's more about taking advantage of current multiplayer and online capabilities and trends so a refresh is needed and very welcomed.

Could also argue about improved ball physics blah blah blah, but really, even if it's an arcadey game, it doesn't matter for me. Just being able to play a decent billiard game (Non-Web browser one!) across the interwebs is more than enough.

Power up perks and achievements :p

Super Power Shot that hits any ball regardless and Auto-Aim perks!

Permabanned
OP

VP3 is 12 years old! This is far from a FIFA football cash in!

Soldato
I just hope they sort their DRM out.

In VP3DL, I purchased it but could only install it on one of my computers as their cruddy DRM system would require activating each time I launched it on the alternate computer.

Their response, purchase another license at a discount. Sorry, but not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom