Vista/Stalker save game crashes [FIXED]

On my 2GB Vista32bit installation I've played all weekend without a single crash on the 1.00 binary after using editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE XR_3DA.exe

I've just installed the new patch and every time I try to save, crash to desktop again, so I've implimented editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE XR_3DA.exe on the new patched 1.00.1 binary as well, problem solved

indigo74 said:
I've just installed the new patch and every time I try to save, crash to desktop again, so I've implimented editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE XR_3DA.exe on the new patched 1.00.1 binary as well, problem solved

If you set your user space virtual memory limit to something reasonable original patched exe will stop crashing. You told your machine (via BCDEDiT) to use more memory than it physically has. There is no spoon, that command doesn't actually multiply memory... :D

Ok Am confused. Some say patch fixes some says it does not.

I have 32bit Vista and only 2GB of ram.

The only crash i was geting was when i went to save the game. where does my problem lie ? The Game or my OS. And how do i fix?

hi guys, im just about to install this game, but what do i do to insure no crashes? Would getting the patch and then doing this fix be the best bet?

Also could someone just quickly write step by step on how to do this fix, looking at it confuses me :confused: (im on 32bit btw)

Thanks.

Last edited:
patched the game. they typed this in the CMD, BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2900

I get no save game crashes atm. Only part am crashing is the warehouse zone which a ton of people having problems with

Vista 32bit home prem

tomanders91 said:
ok thanks, and thats all you need to do? no more editing stuff? And that can be reversered if there are any problems?

Am Not sure about BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2900 mate.

I just did it becuase the crashing while trying to save the game was doing my head in.

Play a bit with the game patched before to see if you get the savegame crash

ok i was playing last night fine, i could quicksave and press ESC fine without crashs, but what it did do, is when i actually did a proper save, so ESC<Save, it crashed to desktop and i lost quick a lot of stuff, because i got quite far, it seems to be right at the begginigng again. edit: Ok now im getting quick save problems.

Is this a known vista issue? Do you reckon doing what you said would help?

Last edited:
tomanders91 said:
ok i was playing last night fine, i could quicksave and press ESC fine without crashs, but what it did do, is when i actually did a proper save, so ESC<Save, it crashed to desktop and i lost quick a lot of stuff, because i got quite far, it seems to be right at the begginigng again.

Is this a known vista issue? Do you reckon doing what you said would help?

Yes it's something to do with memory management. Supreme commander had the same problem in vista 32bit.

It helped me. no more save crashing.

Back
Top Bottom