Vodafone broadband any good?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've been using vodafone for the last couple of months so I was in contract with them rather than someone else when gigafast becomes available. It's available in Milton Keynes but not in my area yet :(

Has anyone else noticed that the vodafone DNS server sucks? Browsing the web is slow to connect to pages due to DNS lookup. Not a big issue, I swapped to 1.1.1.1 and it's fine but I've never seen such a poor DNS server.

Where abouts in MK are you?

Yea the DNS wasn’t great, it still has issues with imgur. I’ve changed to Google DNS but may try 1.1.1.1.

Gigafast has been good so far for me, the new router is also better than the one I had with sky.

Soldato
I've been using vodafone for the last couple of months so I was in contract with them rather than someone else when gigafast becomes available. It's available in Milton Keynes but not in my area yet :(

Has anyone else noticed that the vodafone DNS server sucks? Browsing the web is slow to connect to pages due to DNS lookup. Not a big issue, I swapped to 1.1.1.1 and it's fine but I've never seen such a poor DNS server.
Change it to the google DNS 8.8.8.8

Associate
Live in Milton Keynes so signed up to for Gigafast , before this had Bt Broadband with a paltry 3.5 mbs.
Cheaped out and only got the 500mbs but wow only properly utilised it tonight , Resident Evil 2 22gb downloaded in 9 mins and Elite Dangerous 19.5gb downloaded in 8 mins.
Youtube vids play in 1080p without any cacheing .
BT did try when i cancelled by saying i could get 35mbs fibre lol.

Soldato
Live in Milton Keynes so signed up to for Gigafast , before this had Bt Broadband with a paltry 3.5 mbs.
Cheaped out and only got the 500mbs but wow only properly utilised it tonight , Resident Evil 2 22gb downloaded in 9 mins and Elite Dangerous 19.5gb downloaded in 8 mins.
Youtube vids play in 1080p without any cacheing .
BT did try when i cancelled by saying i could get 35mbs fibre lol.
Thats pretty awesome. Ive switched from BT to Vodafone but only for their basic fiber package. As long as i get the same speeds for a fraction of the price then ill be happy.

Back
Top Bottom